Tradewind Forums

Full Version: FSX and AI traffic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.

It appears that I might need you help on this topic.
I have installed every World of AI package into FSX, but I miss a lot of traffic there now.
I did some checks at some places like at TNCM and I only had traffic from Air France and a Jet Blue was also on approach. Along with the traffic from WoAI I have also installed our TCA and TDM traffic and I can't find a single aircraft anywhere in the Caribbean (checked with TNCM and MDSD).
From WoAI I have also installed the American Airlines traffic and checked KDFW and not a single AA aircraft anywhere.

Any solution what I might be doing wrong or what I might miss here anyplace? Help
Christian,

I found this which might help?

Possibly you now have a "mix" of FSX format Traffic files and FS2004 format Traffic files. FSX can use either, BUT not at the same time. If FSX finds even one Traffic file in FS2004 format, it will block the display of FSX format Traffic files.

It would be well to run a conversion utility on all your Traffic files to be sure they are all in FSX format.

The utility which many of us use is found on the file menu of Don Griovestine's excellent (and free) AI Flight Planner utility. You can have it search your setup for FS2004 format Traffic files and convert them - the process is quick and easy. If you do use it, I recommend selecting the option to append the letters FSX to all converted Traffic files.

You can get the latest version of AIFP here:

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP

Hi Jack,

Yes I've read about that i might have to convert traffic files to the FSX format. And i also have downloaded this nice tool already and tried it, but it cam back with only naming the last edited file to _FSX.bgl and nothing else. I might be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Now having to check every traffic file now by hand will take probably the rest of my life as there are over 500 traffic files now!

But maybe I missed something there...
OK, with the new version of the program which was available today it now works like a charm. I've tested some airports so far like Sint Maarten, Dallas, Denver, Frankfurt and Düsseldorf and it looks that all traffic seems to be there.Dance3