Tradewind Forums

Full Version: FSX and ImagineSim Scenery Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Crew:
I'm gradually switching over to FSX and buying airport scenery. I had the ImagineSim scenery for TJSJ and MYNN on FS2004 and really liked it. But, when I tried it with FSX, I ran into lots of problems. The main thing is that the textures disappear at night. I've got other add-on scenery that's fine at night. I'm running an Acer 64-bit machine with an Intel Core i7-2600 processor and an AMD Radeon 6570 video card.
ImagineSim hasn't been any help.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If there's other scenery out there for those two airports [kind of crucial for us at TCA!] that would be great, too.
Cheers,
Scott
Hi Scott,
Very strange to hear about TJSJ by ImagineSim.
I use that same scenery in FSX and don't have the problems you noticed... Have it for a few months now and it worked well out of the box even up until now, see screenshots below (you can click them to enlarge)
I bought it at SimMarket:
http://secure.simmarket.com/imagine-sim-...tjsj.phtml

For MYNN I use it as part of a TropicalSim 15 Caribbean airport bundle:
http://secure.simmarket.com/tropicalsim-...pack.phtml
Very nice scenery I enjoy a lot and a very good mix of Caribbean airports we can use in one package.
Sure, not the level we know of FlyTampa, Orbx and so but still a very nice package that beats the default FSX scenery by far.

Regards,

[attachment=5384]

[attachment=5385]

[attachment=5386]

[attachment=5387]
Hello Scott.

To be honest i haven't checked San Juan from Imagine Sim not at night, but I get CTD's when I am at the airport in daylight and have a quick look around. I don't know what causes this, but i presume it might have something to do with AI-traffic as a lot of traffic is missing, including everything from TCA, TDM and so on.

On the other hand I hope that you are using the FSX versions of the sceneries and not the FS9 versions and that you have disabled DX 10 preview.

Unfortunately not much help from my side as I could use some help on my own for my problem as well, but someday I will investigate and test some things out if I have much more time as right now. At the moment I try to avoid flying to TJSJ is FSX.

The majority of my flying is still be done in my trusty FS9 installation. Quickly knocking on woodBiggrin
Thank you both for your replies. And thanks for the heads-up on the MYNN scenery, Stefaan. I'll try it out.
I've also just installed the FSDreamTeam Chicago scenery, and it works like a charm.
Ah, well, I guess I'll follow your lead, Christian, and stick with FS9 for anything out of TJSJ.
Cheers,
Scott