Tradewind Forums
Our A332NG - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: How to - Where to ? (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Our A332NG (/showthread.php?tid=111)

Our A332NG - rodrigo - 09-20-2008

Our TCA A332 NG is a great plane, but since the panel was originally designed for FS 2002, FS 9 gives a lot o error messages while loadihttp://www.tradewind.org/forum/images/smilies/question.gifng the plane. I have to press ctr+alt+del to exit FS 9 and use the task manager. Curious, doing this operation, I have FS9 running back, but after sometime
FS9 finally freezes with a message saying didn´t localized FSIUPC or FSWide and then I can not fly anymore, and have to shut down FS9.
I tried to use the plane with another Airbus panel, but apparently this plane only works with the original one wich comes in the TCA package?

RE: Our A332NG - CBreuer - 09-20-2008

rodrigo Wrote:Our TCA A332 NG is a great plane, but since the panel was originally designed for FS 2002, FS 9 gives a lot o error messages while loadihttp://www.tradewind.org/forum/images/smilies/question.gifng the plane. I have to press ctr+alt+del to exit FS 9 and use the task manager. Curious, doing this operation, I have FS9 running back, but after sometime
FS9 finally freezes with a message saying didn´t localized FSIUPC or FSWide and then I can not fly anymore, and have to shut down FS9.
I tried to use the plane with another Airbus panel, but apparently this plane only works with the original one wich comes in the TCA package?

Hi Rodrigo,

you did read the readme.txt?

Install to your FS9 ROOT folder.

NB:
-------------------------
Important!

The panel requires FSsound.dll to be installed to your FS9\modules folder. - (file included in a zip inside the
TCA_NG_A330-200 folder.

To avoid recieving an error box when loading FS9 you should add the following to your FS9.config file after
doing the usual backup for safety;

Open the file with notepad and add the following lines to the [OLDMODULES] section

[OLDMODULES]
FSsound.dll=1

Save and close

I hope this was of some kind of help for you. If not you surely would let us know.
FYI I havn't installed the aircraft, but extracted it to a different folder to see all the data which is inside the zip-file more easily.

RE: Our A332NG - rodrigo - 09-20-2008

Oh...
Actually, I did read docs but I didn´t take fssound.dll install seriously because my system never miss it and works fine without it. Confused
Now, after install fssound.dll the plane works greatly, I just tested with VC and everything was fine.:)
Kind of embarrassed now, posting about a topic that was a typical case of RTFM! Ashamed
I´m anxious to cross the South Atlantic with this bird!
Thanks!

rodrigo Wrote:Oh...
Actually, I did read docs but I didn´t take fssound.dll install seriously because my system never miss it and works fine without it. Confused
Now, after install fssound.dll the plane works greatly, I just tested with VC and everything was fine.:)
Kind of embarrassed now, posting about a topic that was a typical case of RTFM! Ashamed
I´m anxious to cross the South Atlantic with this bird!
Thanks!

Well, Rodrigo,

reading the manual sometimes can solve such problems, or even prevent you from run into these, but on the other hand I also most of the times overfly these until I find something special of useful information. This goes especially for sceneries.

On the other hand looking more closely on the last part of your post I thought, that crossing the South Atlantic with an A330 isn't such a good idea. Shame on me, as I assigned the aircraft myself. Ashamed

I think in a leter version we will assign an A340. I hope we both are talking about flights TC1050/TC1051, at least i am talking about them right now. :D

Anyhow, enjoy your 'new' aircraft.

Christian,

In real life the A332 is actually used for cross South Atlantic flights, it is operated by Air France from São Paulo (Guarulhos/SBGR) to Paris (Charles de Gaule), non stop flight. They also use the B777.
So, I think A330 is a good choice for this kind of flight.:)

Well, Rodrigo,

On the other hand looking more closely on the last part of your post I thought, that crossing the South Atlantic with an A330 isn't such a good idea. Shame on me, as I assigned the aircraft myself. Ashamed

I think in a leter version we will assign an A340. I hope we both are talking about flights TC1050/TC1051, at least i am talking about them right now. :D

[/quote]

rodrigo Wrote:Christian,

In real life the A332 is actually used for cross South Atlantic flights, it is operated by Air France from São Paulo (Guarulhos/SBGR) to Paris (Charles de Gaule), non stop flight. They also use the B777.

Well, Rodrigo,

[/quote]

Hi Rodrigo.

You are right on the flights of Air France, but they fly a very different route accross the Atlantic and it is in no way compareable with the route 'our' A330 would fly. If you take a look at the map I have attached you can see what I mean. In this configuration everything is in order, but in the case that Ascension (FHAW) is not available for a divert enroute we can not fly this route with a twinjet. It might to be different with a four engine jet like the A340, or B747.

But anyhow here are some interesting docuents I found on the internet today, whilst looking for this topic (entering EROPS to search for):
Causes
Boeing

Now I will sign off as we are close to bed time over here in Europe Indifferent

Christian,
Thanks for this valuable info:)
I´m anxious expecting our new routes networkCool

CBreuer Wrote:
rodrigo Wrote:Christian,

Well, Rodrigo,

Hi Rodrigo.

You are right on the flights of Air France, but they fly a very different route accross the Atlantic and it is in no way compareable with the route 'our' A330 would fly. If you take a look at the map I have attached you can see what I mean. In this configuration everything is in order, but in the case that Ascension (FHAW) is not available for a divert enroute we can not fly this route with a twinjet. It might to be different with a four engine jet like the A340, or B747.

But anyhow here are some interesting docuents I found on the internet today, whilst looking for this topic (entering EROPS to search for):
Causes
Boeing

Now I will sign off as we are close to bed time over here in Europe Indifferent
[/quote]