Tradewind Forums
Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tradewind Scuttlebutt (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince (/showthread.php?tid=232)

Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-14-2010

Christian,
Any possibility of a humanitarian cargo lift on the part of TCA to Haiti? Perhaps from MIA, or SAT, or LAX, or a European departure?

JC

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - CBreuer - 01-14-2010

Hi JC.

Of course you can make a humanitarian flight from where ever you think it makes sense to Port Au Prince.
Sometimes I hate it if real life interfere with simulation. If you have a closer look at the Cargo Dispatch for January there is already a UN-Charter flight from Amman to Port Au Prince, but this flight was requested of course long before one would know what might happen there in the future. Meaning the flight was created in December 2009.
I am registered on Aircargo-Worldindex as I sometimes pick up loads from there and adopt them for the Cargo Dispatches. The UN-Charter is one of these flights!
Today I received an e-mail from Aircrago-Worldindex about this request:
Enquiry for Humanitarian Cargo Charter

from Tampere Finland to Port au Prince Haiti for Finnish RedCross. Stage 2 aircrafts are accepted also due HUM.

1. Routing ´ From: a) Tampere (EFTP/TMP) HIGH LOADER n/a or b) Helsinki (EFHK/HEL), FINLAND To: Port au Prince, Haiti (MTPP/ PAP)

2. Total Cargo actual weight of Cargo 16 000 kg

3. Total Cargo actual volume 120 cbm, including three VEHICLES (2 Toyota LC 485 x 217 x 180 cm and 1 Nissan Pick up 528 x 183 x 180 cm)

4. Passengers: minimum 3, please give the maximum number of passengers allowed at a/c.

5. Schedule: ETD: 15 January or latest by 16 January 2010. Remarks: Finnish Red Cross accepts the shared flights with other Red Cross National Societies.

We do not have official information about the condition of the airport of Port au Prince. Please provide your quotations on Thursday 14th of January latest at 11:00 Finnish time (09:00UTC).

Pricing: Final Destination all included From TMP no handling/loading excluded, but the fees of aviation authorities included, or From HEL All included.

Kindly separate the aircraft and other costs NOTE!

Fueling and Deicing to be paid by cash (EUROs) or credit card by the crew directly to handling agent at the airport. Deadline for quotations: Thursday 14th of January at 13:00 Finnish time (11:00UTC)

If somebody is willing on taking this flight feel free to do so. Flight number will be our well known 0000.

Currently I am on my flight from Krasnoyarsk to Amman and tomorrow I hope I will be able to make the flight from Amman to Port Au Prince.

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-14-2010

Christian,
Thanks very much for the prompt response. The flight from Finland to Port Au Prince should be great!

Thanks again,

JC

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - CBreuer - 01-14-2010

JC Martin Wrote:Christian,
Thanks very much for the prompt response. The flight from Finland to Port Au Prince should be great!

Thanks again,

JC

JC,

of course you and all others are always welcome to make up charters whenever and wherever for whatsoever.

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-16-2010

Christian and all,
I flew KMIA-MTPP on Friday morning, 01/15 at approx 2200. TL0000 with the Level D 767. Great flight in a great AC, arrived to find 12 aircraft waiting to land and 4 waiting to depart! Lots of big iron traffic and it was great!

JCDirol

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - CBreuer - 01-16-2010

JC Martin Wrote:Christian and all,
I flew KMIA-MTPP on Friday morning, 01/15 at approx 2200. TL0000 with the Level D 767. Great flight in a great AC, arrived to find 12 aircraft waiting to land and 4 waiting to depart! Lots of big iron traffic and it was great!

JCDirol

Hi JC.

Good to hear that you have arrived at Port Au Prince. The Level D is a great aircraft to fly, although I had and sometimes still have some issues with the autopilot, but that is most likely related to an USB/Joystick issue.

I hope you have cleared the airport with your B763 finally to give space to other arrivals. I need some room for my MD-11 and I have an ETA of 1523Z I am nearly at N20W60 and next will be PJM and further on via Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic to Haiti.

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-22-2010

CBreuer Wrote:
JC Martin Wrote:Christian and all,

JCDirol

Hi JC.

Good to hear that you have arrived at Port Au Prince. The Level D is a great aircraft to fly, although I had and sometimes still have some issues with the autopilot, but that is most likely related to an USB/Joystick issue.

I hope you have cleared the airport with your B763 finally to give space to other arrivals. I need some room for my MD-11 and I have an ETA of 1523Z I am nearly at N20W60 and next will be PJM and further on via Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic to Haiti.
Christian,
I did indeed clear Port au Prince. I had to park at the far end beside a DC-10, got unloaded and back to KMIA. Great route, lots of fun. I may fly it again later today.
Christian, thanks for all that you do for TCA, you are appreciated!

JC

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - CBreuer - 01-22-2010

Hi JC.

Thank you for your kind words. These are also appereciated.
I have also already cleared the ramp at MTPP one day after my arrival. I departed with a load of 'whatdoiknow' to Miami. And there I am at the moment...Biggrin

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-22-2010

CBreuer Wrote:Hi JC.

Thank you for your kind words. These are also appereciated.
I have also already cleared the ramp at MTPP one day after my arrival. I departed with a load of 'whatdoiknow' to Miami. And there I am at the moment...Biggrin

Chrstian,
I completely understand. I have flown a few aircraft loaded with "whatdoIknow" myself. I'm at Miami as well, not sure if we'll be loaded tonight or in the morning. Perhaps I'll see you in the air!

JCBeach

RE: Cargo flight to Port-au-Prince - JC Martin - 01-27-2010

Christian,
I got back to KMIA this morning from my last flight to MTPP. Slow going there with the freight handlers!

JCBeach