Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD (/showthread.php?tid=322)

MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - RedBaron - 08-22-2010

Again we had a very enjoyable flight yesterday, although Pär was struggling again with his Flight Simulator, but this time not due to crashes, but for some navigational problems. Biggrin
Well, Burke Lakefront sits just around the corner of Cleveland and as Stefaan, Vic and I were arriving at Chicago, Pär was near Cleveland heading generally East. It appeared he made a nice round trip to Put in Bay and back to Cleveland. Rofl

Nevertheless for the rest of us it went much better and we moved on along the route.
But here we are all at/near Burke Lakefront preparing for departure. Disregard the static aircrafts. Vic was hiding somewhere behind them.Bye

Stefaan was setting up his GPS and so Vic and me went on and taxied to RWY 24L for departure.

Here we are all en-route as things still worked for Pär...

One of the touch and goes along the track - still in good visibility.

Shortly thereafter the visibility dropped down and it started to rain.

Again some formation flying with Stefaan, who again was flying his PC-12.

We did some more touch and goes along the route, but i didn't take pictures of all of them, but I did a lot of pictures of the arrival to Chicago including some very good pictures of Meigs Field and Downtown Chicago with Sears Tower and John Hancock Center.
But first a low level overhead of Meigs Field. Will perform a touch and go later...

John Hancock Center and then going 'Downtown'.

Sears Tower:

Left downwind to RWY 36 at Meigs Field. Only possible in the Flight Simulator nowadays!

After the touch and go it was time to move over to O'Hare for a full stop landing on RWY 32R.

Here we are now on the ramp at O'Hare and Vic has also arrived.

Stefaan joined us on the ramp as well and Pär had logged off some time ago as he was heading into the wrong direction as I already noted earlierCray

Nevertheless it once more was a very nice MP Session and I hope Pär will be able to solve his Navigational problems during the week in a 'training' flight with Stefaan. Well, sometime the schoolboy becomes the teacher - and vice versa. Big_bossBiggrin

I hope to see you all again next weekend and I hope Pär will be able to fly along with us again. Pär: I encourage you to fly to the big 'W' next week instead of the big 'E'. RoflRunandhide

RE: MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - TCA2050 - 08-22-2010

Some of my screenshots of this session (FSX)

First, map of the flight

Taxiing to the runway at KBKL, Vic ahead, Christian already lined up.

Vic is about to start his take off roll in his Duke

Cleveland Stadium, right under the departure path, Vic can be seen ahead

TG at KPCW,Carl R Keller Field Airport, Port Clinton, Ohio
Christian is coming in behind also for his TG

Cruising around with rather low visibility for a considerable part of the way... Christian's shadow climbing out behind me

TG at RWY18 KSBN, South Bend, Indiana... Christian did his TG on RWY27 and can be seen airborne again ahead :-)
I remember this airport very well.... had a very low visibility approach on my football charter here last year.

Vic's TG at South Bend, he also went for RWY27

Final destination of this week, Chicago O'Hare, KORD... on approach to RWY 32R, the skyline in the background

On the way to the apron, Christian and Vic are already there

Back to front, Christian, Vic and me. The Cessna in the front is one of the AI GA aircraft.

So far for this weeks session, again, it was very nice to fly with you guys.
See you back next week !

RE: MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - CBreuer - 08-22-2010

Hi Stefaan.

Very nice pictures of the MP Session.

RE: MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - TCA2050 - 08-22-2010

RedBaron Wrote:Left downwind to RWY 36 at Meigs Field. Only possible in the Flight Simulator nowadays!

Wow, long time since I've seen Meigs again, nice shots' Christian.

RE: MP Leg 023 KBKL-KORD - TCA2613 - 08-22-2010

Nice photos you two! A great session - will look forward to next Saturday!

Vic
TCA_2613