Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 032 7AK2 - PAYA - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 032 7AK2 - PAYA (/showthread.php?tid=342)

MP Leg 032 7AK2 - PAYA - CBreuer - 10-24-2010

OK, here we go again for another nice MP Session, this time flying from Snettisham to Yakutat. At least I will have to make a fuel stop at Juneau to not fall out of the sky during the session. Music

The weather was, as expected, not so good, but good enough to stay below the clouds for the beginning of the flight and enjoy the great scenery of the Glacier Bay area.

But now I am waiting for the guys to arrive. Only Stefaan arrived without problems. Pär was joining, but disappeared faster as we could see. Not a good omen for the beginning of the Session.

Stefaan and I departed as Pär was still fighting with his computerDash2
There is the first Glacier near Taku Lodge (TKL).

A quick touch and go near TKL heading towards the Glacier.

Let me tell you that there are glaciers all around this region - guess why it is called 'Glacier Bay'.Biggrin

Then we got to Juneau and I tried a touch and go near Juneau Harbor and it really was a quick one. My aircraft got 'thrown' upwards again and I didn't try to make another touchdown as I didn't want to try out whether the pier in front of us is really that solid as it appears.Biggrin

Passing a bridge at Juneau. In the background you can see Stefaan.

In the meantime I landed at Juneau (PAJN) and taxied in for refueling. In the background you can see another glacier.

Refueling didn't last long and so I taxied to RWY 26 for departure.

I decided to start my takeoff roll from an intersection, whilst Pär taxied past us to the beginning of RWY 26. OK, Pär today was flying a completely underpowered C206 Amphibian. Nothing that could compete to Stefaan's and my Kodiak. Rofl

Our next spot to fly over was Funter Bay (FNR). It really looks nice as everything here...

On Sisters Island there is another nice antenna to clip for Pär. Runandhide

On approach to Gustavus - with Stefaan following behind.

There is a small chance that this might be Bartlett Cove in the background...

Next touch and go was at Haines and we took RWY 08, which was good for several reasons.

Next to fly to was Skagway, which is almost around the corner from Haines and it was a really short flight again. I made a nice approach to RWY 02 and everything was looking really good until something popped up into my mind: the gear is NOT down! Quickly adding power and pulling up and climb out. Damned! Ashamed

Stefaan is making his approach to RWY 02 and I started to descend again this time I will approach to RWY 20 for the touch and go, if only Stefaan is quick enough with his touch and go...

...apparently he was:

There we are now and this time the gear is down.

Well, OK, never trust the briefing documents that Pär provides unless you add at least 1000 feet of altitude to the altitudes he provides. Otherwise there might be a good chance to hit a granite cloud...Rofl

One of the last glaciers until we will reach Yakutat.

Then came Dangerous River (A70) and I made a touch and go there.

There is Yakutat and I am now on final for RWY 11 to practice some approaches until Pär arrived in his C206.

As most of the flights he preferred the water to land on and so here are only Stefaan and I on the ramp of Yakutat Airport.

Ah, great! Next week I can take my Focke Wulf again.Biggrin So I hope you enjoyed the little report and I hope to see you all next weekend.

RE: MP Leg 032 7AK2 - PAYA - TCA2050 - 10-24-2010

Some of my screenshots of this session

First, map of the flight

About to TG at Taku Lodge, Christian ahead

Somebody lit up the BBQ ?

Nice glaciers

Closing in on Sisters Island...., dangerous territory for Par

After my TG at Gustavus, Par coming in behind

Skagway...

Final destination, Yakutat... we can definitely use some of that booze

See you back next week !

RE: MP Leg 032 7AK2 - PAYA - BigSwede - 10-24-2010