Tradewind Forums
Flight Report - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: How to - Where to ? (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Flight Report (/showthread.php?tid=391)

Flight Report - JC Martin - 03-01-2011

It seems that I have had more than my share of questions for the forum lately. I have been filing Flight Reports with TCA for several years, now all of a sudden I keep getting "Pirep not accepted" usually because lf route... Has something changed, or am I doing something completely wrong suddenly?

JC
TCA9305 Beach

RE: Flight Report - CBreuer - 03-01-2011

I have knocked on Carsten's door and I am sure he will jump in here sooner or later.

RE: Flight Report - JC Martin - 03-01-2011

(03-01-2011, 08:22 PM)CBreuer Wrote: I have knocked on Carsten's door and I am sure he will jump in here sooner or later.

Christian,
Thanks much. This is slightly frustrating. I'll check back later.
JCHelp

RE: Flight Report - tca2963 - 03-01-2011

What exactly is the error message you are getting back?

RE: Flight Report - JC Martin - 03-02-2011

(03-01-2011, 11:17 PM)tca2963 Wrote: What exactly is the error message you are getting back?

Carsten,
Thanks for the reply. Here is the reply that I get,

We could not process Your report automatically because of the following problems:

[ROUTE] can not find a route. Please check your flight number, departure or arrival

Please fill the fields with the following values:

Callsign: Your TCA number. e.g. 2963
Flight : Line number from the TCA routes. e.g. 0040 or 1070 or coct1. For individual charter flight use route '0000'.
Departure/Destination: The airport ID. e.g. TNCC or KMIA

and here is a flight report that I filed,

------------------------------------------------------------------
TradeWind Caribbean Airline
Virtual Airline Fligh Report
Flight : TC0506
Report #: REP08676.TXT
Date : 2011/1/2011
Name : JC Martin
Callsign: pastordude
Tca# 9305
EMail : jcmrtm@sbcglobal.net
# Aboard: 125
VFR/IFR : IFR
Aircraft: boeing 737-800
Depart. : MYNN
Destin. : KMIA
Dep.time: 01:00
Enroute : 00:50
Fuel :
Route1 : N.A.
Route2 : N.A.
Speed : 400
Altitude: 24000
Remark 1:
JC TCA9305

RE: Flight Report - tca2963 - 03-02-2011

Hi,

I see two problems:
1) The route you sent does not match the departure and destination in den Database, but thats not really a problem since the reporter is satisfied if he finds a valid route and uses destination and departure only in case the route is 0000.
2) That might be the problem: The email you sent was in HTML and not plain ASCII. Thats something the OFR is not prepared for. So please check your email client to send out plain text instead of html.

Best,
Carsten

RE: Flight Report - JC Martin - 03-03-2011

Carsten or Christian,
Okay, I need computer advice. I am using Windows XP with AT&T for an ISP. I had been simply using the Flight Report, send to, and then copy and paste that to my AT&T email. Up to a month or two ago it was accepted. Now it isn't.

I tried to use plain text do the above, but it still won't take it. Same error message as before.

I tried installing Microsoft Outlook Express to send the reports, but it won't send nor receive. Tried all of their suggestions.

Now, what would you advise or what are you using to send your reports to OFR?
JCBeach
BTW, I know that I can file online with OFR, but I've gotten used to using the offline flight report and filling in the boxes with all the "goodies"

Until I resolve my computer dilemna I'll file with the OFR.

Thanks for all of your great advice and help. Y'all are the best. (I couldn't help the Y'all, born in Texas.

JC
9305Beach

RE: Flight Report - CBreuer - 03-03-2011

(03-03-2011, 01:51 AM)JC Martin Wrote: Carsten or Christian,
Okay, I need computer advice. I am using Windows XP with AT&T for an ISP. I had been simply using the Flight Report, send to, and then copy and paste that to my AT&T email. Up to a month or two ago it was accepted. Now it isn't.

I tried to use plain text do the above, but it still won't take it. Same error message as before.

I tried installing Microsoft Outlook Express to send the reports, but it won't send nor receive. Tried all of their suggestions.

Now, what would you advise or what are you using to send your reports to OFR?
JCBeach
BTW, I know that I can file online with OFR, but I've gotten used to using the offline flight report and filling in the boxes with all the "goodies"

Until I resolve my computer dilemna I'll file with the OFR.

Thanks for all of your great advice and help. Y'all are the best. (I couldn't help the Y'all, born in Texas.

JC
9305Beach

Hi JC.

I have tried to file a flight report via the email option and it was accepted. So I also presume there is something on your end. You won't find it in the last 20 reports on the OFR page right now as I deleted it again, as it was only for testing, but here is the reply:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TradeWind Caribbean Airlines
www.tradewind.org

PILOT'S PAYMENT
Name : Breuer, Christian
Callsign: Hitman
TCA-Nr. : 2984

Date Flight Hours Balance
2011-03-03 TC0501 1 150
Total: 12136 2316000

RE: Flight Report - JC Martin - 03-03-2011

Christian,
I do suspect it's on my end of things, probably a firewall or virus protection or something, just haven't found it yet.

OR, perhaps, they accepted it so quickly because your callsign is HITMAN!!!!

JCBig_boss