Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC (/showthread.php?tid=394)

MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC - RedBaron - 03-13-2011

Well, another MP Session took place yesterday, but unfortunately again it was only Dave and me joining.

Nevertheless here first comes a map of the route.

Dave was using a Turbo Beaver, but it appeared that this aircraft was too slow to keep the pace and so it happened that he set the simulation rate to x2Biggrin
OK, we are ready to depart:

After a flying time of about 45 minutes I could plan my approach to Fairbanks (PAFA).

Dave is just behind me.

Touch and go completed and Dave is aiming for the lake.

Next was Eielsen AFB (PAEI). Already at the base leg.

And on final next.

And another touch and go is completed.

Then there must be an error in the flightplan as the briefing called for a touch and go at Allen Aaf (PABI), but Allen was not in the flightplan. But I was able to locate it on the GPS and flew an approach to one of the 3 runways there. In the background Dave was already heading for Clear Sky Lodge (PACL).

Dave took a short drink for his Beaver as it appeared a little bit thirsty.
Final to Clear Sky Lodge.

And back up.

Next was McKinley Natl Park (PAIN). As I was too fast on the approach I decided to only overfly it. At the upper left corner you also can see Denali
(AK06).

Denali.

Next airfield en-route was Summit (UMM). The left main gear is still in transition.

The Alaska Range.

Shortly after Summit I set direct course for McGrath (PAMC). I saw no need to fly via SUCOD intersection. 30 minutes after the touch and go at Summit I was almost on a right downwind for runway 34 at McGrath. Still a bit too high and also too fast...

I took the swing a bit wider to bleed off speed and lose altitude as well and all went right.

Dave landed on 07 and is now parked with me near the TCAA buildings.

I hope to see you back next weekend.

RE: MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC - TCA2050 - 03-13-2011

Nice report and pictures Christian!
Good to see McGrath... must have seen my QKodiak after my iditarod run yesterday :-)... was stuck in the bar...

Looking forward to see DAve's TwinTurbo Beaver under the hood

PS: Nice avatar... speaks for itself

RE: MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC - BigSwede - 03-14-2011

Nice pic Christian,

Sorry but I woke up 21:45 on Saturday evening so i deccided that I wait to join till next week (I hope I will be OK then, after 3 weeks very diffucult cold)

See u Guys
Pär

RE: MP Leg 046 PABT-PAMC - CBreuer - 03-14-2011

(03-14-2011, 05:06 PM)BigSwede Wrote: Nice pic Christian,

Sorry but I woke up 21:45 on Saturday evening so i deccided that I wait to join till next week (I hope I will be OK then, after 3 weeks very diffucult cold)

See u Guys
Pär

Hi Pär.

Good to hear from you. I thought that something prevented you from connecting to us. I hope you will be feeling better next Saturday.