Tradewind Forums
Quick start reference for TCA - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: How to - Where to ? (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Quick start reference for TCA (/showthread.php?tid=50)

Quick start reference for TCA - Mike Juliet - 01-19-2008

Hello everybody,

I am quit interested in joining TCA. To know more about the procedures used in TCA (Booking, reporting, general rules, offline or online where) - is there sort of a "quick reference" / step-for-step-manual for doing everiything correctly up from the very first flight?

2nd question: Are the any repaints for the most common payware models of your fleet?

Thanks very much in advance

Best regards
Miko

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - CBreuer - 01-19-2008

Mike Juliet Wrote:Hello everybody,

I am quit interested in joining TCA. To know more about the procedures used in TCA (Booking, reporting, general rules, offline or online where) - is there sort of a "quick reference" / step-for-step-manual for doing everiything correctly up from the very first flight?

2nd question: Are the any repaints for the most common payware models of your fleet?

Best regards
Miko

Hi Miko,

first welcome to the forum and second about the rules: First rule is to have fun! Second rule might be to have more fun?

No seriously, at TCA we do it the relaxed Caribbean style and you can almost pick every flight available in our schedules and if you are in the mood to do a flight on your own you can make an individual charter.
In general you will get two monthly assignments that you have to fly, but nobody will blame you if you don't fly these and instead pick some other flights Confused

If you like to fly these flights online you are welcome to do so and it doesn't really matter where you fly it VATSIM/IVAO or at the VAMP-Network, to which TCA is part of it.
Actually we have multiplayer sessions every Saturday at 18:00 UTC and would like to welcome you, if you decide to become a pilot at TCA :)

For the repaints have a look at our payware hangar. I know we have repaints for the LDS 767, the PMDG 747 and probably the one or other pilot might have an old livery repaint of the PMDG 737's.
A repaint of F1 ATR should also be available.

How ever your decision will look like,

have a great weekend. Cool

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - Mike Juliet - 01-20-2008

Thanks Christian,

sounds just as I like it. I am just flying to the carribean with my DF 727 on several legs via Iceland, Green land an the US. After arriving in Florida I will join you.

Nice sunday to you too.

Miko

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - JC Martin - 01-20-2008

CBreuer Wrote:
Mike Juliet Wrote:Hello everybody,

Best regards
Miko

Hi Miko,

first welcome to the forum and second about the rules: First rule is to have fun! Second rule might be to have more fun?

No seriously, at TCA we do it the relaxed Caribbean style and you can almost pick every flight available in our schedules and if you are in the mood to do a flight on your own you can make an individual charter.
In general you will get two monthly assignments that you have to fly, but nobody will blame you if you don't fly these and instead pick some other flights Confused

If you like to fly these flights online you are welcome to do so and it doesn't really matter where you fly it VATSIM/IVAO or at the VAMP-Network, to which TCA is part of it.
Actually we have multiplayer sessions every Saturday at 18:00 UTC and would like to welcome you, if you decide to become a pilot at TCA :)

For the repaints have a look at our payware hangar. I know we have repaints for the LDS 767, the PMDG 747 and probably the one or other pilot might have an old livery repaint of the PMDG 737's.
A repaint of F1 ATR should also be available.

How ever your decision will look like,

have a great weekend. Cool

Miko,
I second what Christian said. TCA is all about a relaxed way of enjoying flying in lots of different aircraft and environments. From Cargo to Charter to regional to Seaplanes to domestic mail service to long range heavy iron. There are lots of folks around to help, they can usually be found here on the forum , just post a note.

Also, TCA has a quarterly on line magazine, Island Breezes, next issue is due out in March, but there is an archive on line.
Welcome to TCA, we'll enjoy flying with you.

JC
TCA9305

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - Mike Juliet - 01-22-2008

JC Martin Wrote:Miko,
I second what Christian said. TCA is all about a relaxed way of enjoying flying in lots of different aircraft and environments. From Cargo to Charter to regional to Seaplanes to domestic mail service to long range heavy iron. There are lots of folks around to help, they can usually be found here on the forum , just post a note.

Also, TCA has a quarterly on line magazine, Island Breezes, next issue is due out in March, but there is an archive on line.

JC
TCA9305

Thanks JC, you'll have propably nicer weather in Texas than I have here in Germany. I'm allready looking forward being Member of TCA. Absolutely new challenge flying the Islands and to north, middle and south America. Sent my application on sunday. See you in the skies :)

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - CBreuer - 01-22-2008

Mike Juliet Wrote:
JC Martin Wrote:Miko,

JC
TCA9305

Thanks JC, you'll have propably nicer weather in Texas than I have here in Germany. I'm allready looking forward being Member of TCA. Absolutely new challenge flying the Islands and to north, middle and south America. Sent my application on sunday. See you in the skies :)

Moin Miko,

welcome to TCA.
I would like to welcome you and any other TCA pilots to the Multiplayer Sessions on Saturdays. So, if you like to get to know some of the other guys flying around the virtual skies join us on these days. We all use Teamspeak of course. :P

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - Mike Juliet - 01-23-2008

CBreuer Wrote:Moin Miko,

welcome to TCA.
I would like to welcome you and any other TCA pilots to the Multiplayer Sessions on Saturdays. So, if you like to get to know some of the other guys flying around the virtual skies join us on these days. We all use Teamspeak of course. :P

Moin Christian (sounds pretty familiar ;)),

thank you - I will mark the saturday in my calendar - still I am waiting on my membership confirmation (login and password) - meanwhile I installed some nice aircraft and I am just writing me a checklist for the BAE 146.

See you then
Miko

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - CBreuer - 01-23-2008

Mike Juliet Wrote:
CBreuer Wrote:Moin Miko,

welcome to TCA.

Moin Christian (sounds pretty familiar ;)),

thank you - I will mark the saturday in my calendar - still I am waiting on my membership confirmation (login and password) - meanwhile I installed some nice aircraft and I am just writing me a checklist for the BAE 146.

See you then
Miko

Miko,

according to the FXP forum, where you have entered a location, I know how to address a welcome phrase to that kind of people of course. Cool
I hope you are the same 'Mike Juliet' user as in the TCA forum :P

I am sure you will get your confirmation e-mail pretty soon, as i can see you already have a pilots number with TCA :)

RE: Quick start reference for TCA - Mike Juliet - 01-24-2008

CBreuer Wrote:Miko,

according to the FXP forum, where you have entered a location, I know how to address a welcome phrase to that kind of people of course. Cool
I hope you are the same 'Mike Juliet' user as in the TCA forum :P

I am sure you will get your confirmation e-mail pretty soon, as i can see you already have a pilots number with TCA :)

It's a small world - you are right - I am the same MJ. Then I will soon file my 1st flight.