Tradewind Forums
Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tradewind Scuttlebutt (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries (/showthread.php?tid=781)

Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - tca2353 - 05-15-2015

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the new liveries for the -600F & -700F series. They look great.

Alas I'm running into an issue when installing these liveries. The .ptp install is refused with the message "unknown variant".
This message is only displayed with the recent liveries. I can install the one's you made for the -800 & -900 series.
Is there any additional software neccessary to exe these .ptp's?
I have the 1.1 version of the 737's installed, including the latest version for the -600/-700's. I'm using PMDG's livery manager.
(+Windows 7 x64, no AV nor Defender installed)

Hope you can help me out here.

Thanks and regards,
Rudy

RE: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - CBreuer - 05-15-2015

Hi Rudy.

I've downloaded the new liveries for FSX now and installed them without problems. You didn't try to install the brand-new versions of the FS9 repaints, did you? That is all I can tell at the moment.

RE: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - tca2353 - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 11:51 AM)CBreuer Wrote: Hi Rudy.

I've downloaded the new liveries for FSX now and installed them without problems. You didn't try to install the brand-new versions of the FS9 repaints, did you? That is all I can tell at the moment.

Hi Christian,

With FS9 one needs to cut & paste the aircraft.cfg part. There are no ptp files available for FS9, at least not on the TCA site.

Regards,
Rudy

RE: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - CBreuer - 05-15-2015

Yes Rudy, of course. My bad. I think these ptp files were introduced with the Operations Center from PMDG.
Of which aircraft are you talking registration wise, so I may be able to test these files. But I think I remember having some issues as well with some files some time ago, but I don't recall it correctly at the moment. But it could also be that I am referring to some repaints for the P-8A which I found on Avsim. These ptp files were created for P3D and for FSX they needed a manual install, but I think that has nothing to do with your current problem Confused

RE: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - tca2353 - 05-16-2015

(05-15-2015, 05:22 PM)CBreuer Wrote: Yes Rudy, of course. My bad. I think these ptp files were introduced with the Operations Center from PMDG.
Of which aircraft are you talking registration wise, so I may be able to test these files. But I think I remember having some issues as well with some files some time ago, but I don't recall it correctly at the moment. But it could also be that I am referring to some repaints for the P-8A which I found on Avsim. These ptp files were created for P3D and for FSX they needed a manual install, but I think that has nothing to do with your current problem Confused

Hi Christian, Jack,
It turned out the Operation Center had not properly been installed. Did a clean download from PDMG and uninstalled/reinstalled the complete 737 package.
This time the OC got installed. I was able to use the ptp exe function within the OC. Now the NAC textures have been installed! Yippie!
Thanks for your heads up. Schönes Wochenendund bis dann!
Ruurd

RE: Boeing 737-600F / 700F ~ PMDG Liveries - CBreuer - 05-16-2015

Glad to hear you was able to solve the problem. Now enjoy your flights with the nice Boeings Thumbup