Tradewind Forums

Full Version: FS9 multi monitor under vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have FS9 running on Vista home premium a quad core machine (Q6600) with 3 GB RAM and a nVidia geforce 8800 GTS. I have 2 monitors connected to the geforce, a 22 inch widescreen flat panel and an old 19 inch CRT display.

FS9 runs like a dream on it. I have all sliders to the max with no stutters whatsoever. Only problem is, i cannot move any views to the second display. It would be great to have the external view on the flat screen and the panel on the CRT. Can anyone give a clue what could help here. Am I missing something? Some entries in the fs9.cfg or the likes? Question

Thx

Hans
2239 Wrote:Hi all,

I have FS9 running on Vista home premium a quad core machine (Q6600) with 3 GB RAM and a nVidia geforce 8800 GTS. I have 2 monitors connected to the geforce, a 22 inch widescreen flat panel and an old 19 inch CRT display.

FS9 runs like a dream on it. I have all sliders to the max with no stutters whatsoever. Only problem is, i cannot move any views to the second display. It would be great to have the external view on the flat screen and the panel on the CRT. Can anyone give a clue what could help here. Am I missing something? Some entries in the fs9.cfg or the likes? :question:

Thx

Hans
Hi Hans

There is a website called www.diyflightsims.com On the right of the page you will see a box that states DIY FLIGHT SIMS VIDEOS under that you can click on Multiple Monitors Part 1 & 2. It will show you how to set up your two monitors and how to undock the window and drag it over to your other screen. I run FS9 on XP and I belive the key is that you can not be in full screen when you are trying to undock the window. Once you drag over your panel to the other screen you can go back to your flat panel and resize it to full screen.There web site has some good tips,check out there control panel videos.
Hope this a help to you

Larry
Larry Gorman Wrote:Hi Hans

There is a website called www.diyflightsims.com On the right of the page you will see a box that states DIY FLIGHT SIMS VIDEOS under that you can click on Multiple Monitors Part 1 & 2. It will show you how to set up your two monitors and how to undock the window and drag it over to your other screen. I run FS9 on XP and I belive the key is that you can not be in full screen when you are trying to undock the window. Once you drag over your panel to the other screen you can go back to your flat panel and resize it to full screen.There web site has some good tips,check out there control panel videos.
Hope this a help to you

Larry

Thanks Larry,

very interesting site.

Actually meanwhile I found the trick that does it in my case. Sometimes it helps to scan through forum entries.

The thing is that in Vista you'll have to disable the AERO glass interface. After that windowed mode works perfectly well in FS2004.

Greetings

Hans
Hans

I will keep that in mind when I upgrade my PC and go to Vista.I am glad it worked out.

Enjoy!

Larry