Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP 004 MYIG-MKJP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday it was time again for some Multilplayer flying after Christmas and New Year. This flight would lead us from Inagua via Baracoa, Cuba, Guantanamo Bay, Santiago de Cuba, Montego Bay and finally Kingston.

I departed as number 1 at around 18:11 Zulu followed by Pär, Stefaan and Vic.
Here you can see Stefaan and Pär in the background as they depart from the seaside, while Vic and I depart via the regular runway.
[attachment=977]

OK, after some time of flying from Inagua to Baracoa, Stefaan managed to overtake me and made an approach to RWY 34, whilst I was planning for an arrival to RWY 16, which I gave up to not end head on with him... As I am called the 'Red Baron' (I don't know why Biggrin) I like the six o'clock position more.
And now we are approaching RWY 34 at MUBA:
[attachment=978]
I am still looking for the centerline as I first overshot the runway a little bit, turning back, overshooting again, but I finally made it almost onto the centerline:
[attachment=979]
[attachment=980]
Well, next touch and go will be Guantanamo Bay NAS RWY 25. It will only be a very quick touch and go as no one of us intend to stay any longer as absolutely necessary.
[attachment=981]
Pär will be next:
[attachment=982]
Next place for a touch and go was Santiago de Cuba. As you can see in this picture now I already have a deviation from the actual heading of 9 degrees! (Re-installing the Kodiak didn't change anything - I did a quick check after the MP Session yesterday.) Anyhow this time I was able to hit the centerline perfectly.
[attachment=983]
Up, up and away to Jamaica with Stefaan and Pär following behind.
[attachment=984]
This was a quite unusual approach to Sangster's RWY 25 as mostly RWY 07 is in use, but during MP Sessions thing are sometimes a bit different than during 'normal' flight operations.Runandhide
[attachment=985]
[attachment=986]
We made a full stop landing here as we were waiting for Pär who was a little bit behind as his Twin Otter seemed to be a little bit slow...
[attachment=987]
[attachment=988]
[attachment=989]
Pär was approaching the water runway once more and thereafter Stefaan and I lined up parallel on the runway for takeoff preparations.
[attachment=990]
[attachment=991]
Vic was at the hold short point for RWY 25 as I and Stefaan departed in sequence although a formation takeoff would have been possible...
[attachment=992]
[attachment=993]
And now the final approach to Norman Manley Intl. Airport, Kingston Jamaica.
[attachment=994]
Here you can see Vic landing on RWY 12.
[attachment=995]
And again Pär has landed in the nice warm water.
[attachment=996]
Well, next MP Session will lead us via the hardly destroyed Haiti into the Dominican Republic. May the Haitian get some good help during this very long week for them. We will see how it develops during the upcoming week...
Hello Christian,

Nice pictures..............
Hash Wrote:Hello Christian,

Nice pictures..............

Thank you Hash and nice to hear from you Bye
Great pictures Christian, again from a very enjoyable flight with lot's of laughs Biggrin
Yes very good pix, looks like you guy's had a blast. I'm going to half to see if Blue Shield/Blue Cross Insurance will cover me on MP's, you guys are on your ownBiggrin

Happy Trails...........Rick Flag_alaska
Great pictures Christian!

We sure had a great time...we always do, for that matter!

Looking forward to next Saturday's flight, and for sure we are sending good wishes for the good people of Haiti.

Best,

Vic