Tradewind Forums

Full Version: TCAA NC-2 CYYC - Bronson Creek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The sequel.... some pictures of the second leg: CYYC Calgary - CAB5 Bronson Creek
Weather at Calgary was looking good this morning, and the metar confirmed this:
CYYC 170800Z CCA 19006KT 15SM SKC M07/M10 A2975 RMK FROIN SLP125
Cold, but very good visibility, and off we went.. climbing out of RWY 16 to a cruise level of FL220.
[attachment=1038]

[attachment=1039]

Arriving over the Tongass Narrows, looked like we would dodge some clouds before arriving at the destination...
[attachment=1040]

The clould cover remained for the rest of the trip, and so I planned to arrive at Level Island at 2.000ft to fly up the Stikine River by hand under the cloud base of 4500ft. Metar for Wrangell gave:
PAWG 171036Z 14009G14KT 10SM BKN045 OVC050 06/00 A2912
Just past Level Island at 2.000ft
[attachment=1041]

And off we went for a nice 'hands on' flight over the Stikine River guiding the Hercules in between the mountains.
[attachment=1042]

[attachment=1043]

[attachment=1044]

Final bend guiding us towards the location of Bronson Creek a couple of miles further on...
[attachment=1045]

[attachment=1046]

[attachment=1047]

Vagely remembering my last flight into Bronson Creek in the spring of 2009, I'd decided to be early prepared for landing... all is out and down ...
[attachment=1048]

Now If I'm not mistaken that should be the smoke plume of the Bronson Creek cabin, but I'm having my doubts...
[attachment=1049]

Yep, sure was, but I'm a bit too much in an awkward position now to turn for final... so off we went for a full left turn in the opening of the valley ahead.... still turning on a dime though with a C130...
[attachment=1050]

Looks like this time round we're positioned at a much better angle to shoot the approach to RWY21 at Bronson Creek... and by looking at the mountains near the far end of the 'runway' ... the only way in...
[attachment=1051]

Once hitting solid bottom, full reverse and we got 'Herky' to a stop near halfway the runway.
[attachment=1052]

OK, we've made it... now let's get that equipment unloaded so we can enjoy a big pint ..... really having a dry mouth after this exciting ride Drinks
[attachment=1053]
Hi Stefaan.

Very good pictures of your arrival to Bronson Creek. Next time you better turn early to align with the runway. Runandhide
I flew there twice in 2008 and it was fun. They obviously need a lot of backhoes or similar equipment. Biggrin
I have attached the first two pages of the logbook for the C-130J. As there are no missed approaches listed I made in to CAB5 on my first attempts. Thumbup
Great shots Stefaan Clapping