Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Dog Food-3 arrival to ANC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is time for the Iditarod again and so it happened to be that I had an assignment to fly 9000 pounds of dog food from South Bend to Anchorage. Since I had the TCAA MD-11 parked at Lincoln, Nebraska, I decided to take it for the assignment as is also would be time to get it back to Alaska after a very good football season. The ferry flight from Lincoln to South Bend was completely uneventful. The flight from South Bend was also uneventful if I disregard my false programming of the FMC for the initial part of the flightAshamed
Ok, we climbed to FL380 and later on to FL400. The flight was really beautiful and it even got better during the approach to Anchorage RWY 07R.
We had really good scattered clouds below us.
[attachment=1056]
We descended through these scattered clouds and it looked beautiful.
[attachment=1057]
On the other side of the cockpit the sun was about to set.
[attachment=1058]
[attachment=1059]
We had an E-8A visible in front of us approaching Elmendorf AFB.
[attachment=1060]
Anchorage airport in the background and another aircraft flying to Lake Hood Strip.
[attachment=1061]
Now we are on final to RWY 07R and we have selected flaps-35 and only minimum braking due to our light weight (ZFW 310120 + app. 39500 lbs fuel).
[attachment=1062]
[attachment=1063]
After a safe landing we taxied to the gate and wait for the ground crew to unload the aircraft.
[attachment=1064]
[attachment=1065]
Well, we had a flying time of 05:59 and a block to block time of 06:12 for this flight. Could have been faster without the programming error Cray
Ok, now I think the Bell 412 is waiting for me for the next few weeks. Snowmobile
Good shots, Nice story Christian
TCA2050 Wrote:Good shots, Nice story Christian

Thank you, Stefaan. See you in about an hour for MP. Dance3
Nice Screenshots Christian
Great shots Christian.Thanks
Thank you guys.