Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP005 Jamaica via Haiti to Dominican Republic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And another MP Session took place yesterday: MP005. We departed Jamaica and set heading for Haiti and alter on we would arrive at Cabo Rojo in the Dominican Republic.
After some problems on my end we were ready to line up on RWY 12 at Norman Manley Intl. Airport.
From right to left: Stefaan (Quest Kodiak TCAA colors), myself (also a Quest Kodiak, but in TDS colors) and Vic also in a Quest Kodiak, but in a neutral paint scheme.
[attachment=1077]
Our first leg lead us towards Haiti, which of course means we had to fly over the Caribbean sea at first, but it was a nice flight at 6500 feet.
[attachment=1078]
Right now we are already approaching the Haitian coastline and below me you can see Stefaan, who started to descend a little bit earlier.
[attachment=1079]
A few seconds to touch down on RWY 09 at MTJE, Jeremie.
[attachment=1080]
Right behind me you can see Stefaan on short final and Vic a little bit more far out.
[attachment=1081]
I had some trouble with my Nav equipment and I had to manually select the next waypoint Dash2
[attachment=1082]
Well, Haiti doesn't look that bad:
[attachment=1083]
[attachment=1084]
Next approach was to Port-Au-Prince and here I am on short final a little bit too low, but hey, this is a STOL aircraftRunandhide
[attachment=1085]
First touch down:
[attachment=1086]
And second touchdown...Ashamed
[attachment=1087]
After departure from Port-Au-Prince we had to climb to 7500 feet very fast (with at least 1500 fpm) to clear the terrain. I had no problems at 7500 feet to clear the terrain as you can see in the following pictures, but Stefaan and Vic claimed they had to climb to 8500 to clear the terrainBiggrin I want to see some pictures for evidence!
[attachment=1088]
[attachment=1089]
There was enough air between my Kodiak and the mountain below me. But maybe you have to calibrate your altimetersLolRoflblack1
Nevertheless every good thing has come to an end sooner or later and our flight is about to end in a few minutes as i am already on approach to Cabo Rojo. Stefaan has already landed and Vic claimed had also landed, but was elevated significant higher than the terrain itself. Confused
[attachment=1090]
Here we are at Cabo Rojo.
[attachment=1091]
Now here we are and we can stay here for one week now until we will continue on to Rafael Hernandez TJBQ.

If some other pilots try to join you are very welcome to do so. Don't be shy. Yesterday we had indeed another pilot for a few seconds on Teamspeak, but didn't make contact. Even if you are joining late, which is no problem at all, you can try to say hello at all. Don't be shy - we don't bite. Well, ok, at least not during your first session Biggrin We get here together to fly a little bit and have fun most of the time, that's all. Drinks
My screenshots taken of MP 005

Map of the flight:
[attachment=1092]

Me and Vic at the apron of Kingston awaiting Christian's arrival
[attachment=1093]

[attachment=1094]

Leaving Kingston with a climbing right turn, if you look just above the runway you can see Vic starting his right turn
[attachment=1095]

By By Kingston Jamaica... for now...
[attachment=1096]

Final destination, Cabo Rojo - Dominican Republic.
Vic is coming in with Christian behind him.
[attachment=1097]
I loved the Kodiaks in formation. Nice screenshots.Thanks for sharing
aguiar Wrote:I loved the Kodiaks in formation. Nice screenshots.Thanks for sharing

Thanks Chico!
aguiar Wrote:I loved the Kodiaks in formation. Nice screenshots.Thanks for sharing

Chico, you are very welcome to join us and then we have an even bigger formation of Kodiaks. Dance3
Hey CB & Stefaan, nice photos! Oh by the way, you didn't haul any snow did you.Dance3
Snowboss Wrote:Hey CB & Stefaan, nice photos! Oh by the way, you didn't haul any snow did you.Dance3

Not me.Av-31Beach