Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Straw-10+11 Bell 412
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.

Another day was born and after I got up in the morning I headed for breakfast to join Vic, Stefaan, Søren and Snowboss. We all had a really good breakfast along with some very good coffee and thereafter Snowboss came up with the assignments for the day.
The assignment for my copilot and me was as follows:
Straw-10: 10 bales of straw and 15 cases of HEET to Nicolai (5NI)
Straw-11: 15 bales of straw to Tacotna (TCT)

Both assignments sounded flyable for the day.

After a preflight of the Bell we loaded the straw bales and cases of HEET for Nicolai into the cabin. At 21:10Z we headed off and climbed to 1000 feet. The weather was good into this direction and along with the short distance we arrived at Nicolai 19 minutes after departure from McGrath. Well my scenery as well looks like a little county fair. But this scenery is better than nothing. Biggrin
[attachment=1117]

About 20 minutes after landing at Nicolai we were heading back to McGrath and after installing exchange textures for the water to let be show as frozen I decided to take some more screenshots.Lingua3
The visibility below the clouds was good at 1000 feet as you can see in the following pictures.
[attachment=1118]
[attachment=1119]

Now the GPS also fits better into the panel after some modification...
[attachment=1120]

In some distance you can already see the white beacon light of McGrath.
[attachment=1121]

After a flying time of 18 minutes we landed again on the helipad and shut down for loading the 15 straw bales.
Then it was time to start up again and head over to Tacotna. This was not a flight in good visibility as the visibility significantly decreased. The second problem was that we reached Tacotna faster than we thought we would.
[attachment=1122]

According to the GPS we were already very close to it and we zoomed in and there it was and almost instantly after that we saw the runway in front of us.
[attachment=1123]

We landed after only 7 minutes on the apron, shut down and unloaded the straw bales before we departed again at 22:54Z.
[attachment=1124]

The weather was still the same as it was during the flight to Tacotna.
[attachment=1127]

But as we got closer to McGrath the visibility improved again and we had good visibility and spotted MCG in about 5.5 NM at 12 o'clock.
[attachment=1125]

Short final to the helipad.
[attachment=1126]

Ok, today we had only two short assignments with only 52 minutes of flying time, but that will not always be the case.
BTW we used 798 lbs of good Jet A-1 fuel. After arrival we refueled for the next assignments - whatever they might be.
[attachment=1128]

More flying maybe later this evening...
Great Screenies Christian and Story to go with em.Good2

Rick
Nice shots Christian. Did you make the scenery. If you download the McGrath Bush scenery by David Keff, he made scenery for Nikolai, but you would need to take out the Rainy Pass & Rohn BGL's.Big_boss