Tradewind Forums

Full Version: TL0608-10 KIAD-SBGL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a nice stay in Washington it was time to continue on to Rio De Janeiro. We arrived at Dulles Airport during the night time and the loading process was still in progress, but would end soon.
[attachment=1537]

After cockpit preparation was done the loading had ended as well and all cargo doors had been closed and so we could close the L1door as well and the stair was removed.
[attachment=1538]
[attachment=1539]

the push back truck is in position now and in a few moments we will be pushed back and the nose will be oriented to the right, so we can start our short taxi roll to RWY 19C.
[attachment=1540]

Line up onto RWY 19C and departure with a flaps-20 D-TO +35C° takeoff, with a V1 of 149, VR 166 and V2 178 knots on a STOIC2 departure and a DAILY transition.
[attachment=1541]

After an approximately flying time of 3 hours the sun started to rise over the Atlantic, with us traveling on airway L452 somewhere in the vast Caribbean.
[attachment=1542]
[attachment=1543]
[attachment=1544]

After about 8:15 it was time to descend towards Rio De Janeiro preparing for a NOAL arrival to RWY 28.
[attachment=1545]
[attachment=1546]

Turning to final for RWY 28 in Flight Level Change mode as we were a little bit too high and we had to descend more quickly.
[attachment=1547]

Prior touchdown a little bit to the right for an unknown reason as I was performing an auto-land. A GOL B737 has just departed the runway just in time - I was already preparing for a go-aroundAshamed
[attachment=1548]

Not much going on at SBGL and I wonder if this depicts the real situation...
[attachment=1549]
[attachment=1550]

There seems to be more going on at the military apron Biggrin
[attachment=1551]

Here we are after a flying time of 8:39 and a block to block time of 8:56.
[attachment=1552]

L1 door open, Pax Stairs attached and the cargo doors opening including the big nose door.
[attachment=1553]
[attachment=1554]
[attachment=1555]
[attachment=1556]

Well, now it is time to get out of this big aircraft, grab a(n) (armored) car and get to the Copa CabanaBye There will not be much time to relax because the next flight is already scheduled for tomorrowCray...
Nice screenshots Christian!
Reminds me to get the 747 out of my hangar and into the air again :-)
TCA2050 Wrote:Nice screenshots Christian!

Now as it works again that would be a very good opportunity. Glad to hear that your PMDG and Level-D are working again.
CBreuer Wrote:
TCA2050 Wrote:Nice screenshots Christian!

Now as it works again that would be a very good opportunity. Glad to hear that your PMDG and Level-D are working again.

Very nice Christian. I really enjoy the early morning takeoffs myself.
Sure would be nice if we had an FSX 747 in Tradewinds livery. I've tried some of the third party ones available and none work as well as the default. I've also tried my hand at painting in the past, and it's just not my cup of tea.

Maybe one day.Biggrin