Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Cub flight, Concrete Muni 3W5 to Israel's Farm WA56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It promissed to be a great evening for a short flight when we met our plane in front of the hangar at Concrete Muni (3W5).
I planned to visit a friend in Sedro Woolley, which is just 7 nm from Israel's Farm (WA56), a small private airfield along the Skagit River.

[attachment=1681]

We gotta get that engine crancked up... magneto's to both, fuel cut-off to open, throttle slightly open, primed her with two shots and let's handcranck that propeller.

[attachment=1682]

Soon after as the engine starts, she settles into a nice idle.

[attachment=1683]

Taxied to RWY 25 at Concrete and throttled her up for a smooth takeoff... she settled into a nice shallow climb.

[attachment=1684]

[attachment=1685]

[attachment=1686]

[attachment=1687]

Cruising at 1.000ft with open window and door to let the nice summer breeze inside... you can clearly see the North Cascades Highway (20).

[attachment=1688]

We followed the Skagit River further in Westerly direction and somewhere ahead there should be Israel's Farm.

[attachment=1689]

Besides the compass, no navigation aids in this cub... according to my intel, WA56 should be somewhere near those white hangars...

[attachment=1690]

And there it is, you can clearly see the runway with the airport sheds and hangars below the Cub.

[attachment=1691]

Went for a righthand circuit with a great view over the river when turning to final for a landing in roughly S SW direction.

[attachment=1692]

Aiming for that runway...

[attachment=1693]

followed by a smooth touchdown..

[attachment=1694]

[attachment=1695]

OK, let's go park the Cub..

[attachment=1696]

[attachment=1697]

We'll be enjoying a great sunset view... birds are singing...

[attachment=1698]

and finally we close'r up

[attachment=1699]

and we head off for a drink and dinner with a friend of mine at the Old Mill Restaurant

[attachment=1700]

Flown with Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Scenery: FTX http://fullterrain.com/
Aircraft: A2A Piper Cub with AccuSim http://www.a2asimulations.com/
Hi Stefaan.

Wow, these are really great pictures. This might be the reason why I might switch to FSX as well - someday.
Nevertheless today I have ordered Track IR 5 and hopefully it will arrive here at the beginning of next week.

Have a great weekend.
CBreuer Wrote:Hi Stefaan.

Wow, these are really great pictures. This might be the reason why I might switch to FSX as well - someday.
Nevertheless today I have ordered Track IR 5 and hopefully it will arrive here at the beginning of next week.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Christian,

Thanks, I'm totally sold for the FTX stuff... looks like flying in the real world, espescially when going low and slow...
Love doing my GA flying in FSX this way.

Let me know how the Track IR5 is doing, it happened I saw a video on the net earlier on this week and was considering it also.
Would be a great addition to my A2A VC's

Have fun with it !
TCA2050 Wrote:Hi Christian,

Thanks, I'm totally sold for the FTX stuff... looks like flying in the real world, espescially when going low and slow...
Love doing my GA flying in FSX this way.

Let me know how the Track IR5 is doing, it happened I saw a video on the net earlier on this week and was considering it also.
Would be a great addition to my A2A VC's

Have fun with it !

OK, I will keep ya posted.