Tradewind Forums

Full Version: e
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone installed the new TL 747 by Posky in FSX? I d/led it and installed per the instructions and I get a black interior with just a few gauges showing.

If anyone knows a fix for this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks - Rick
TCA2731 Wrote:Has anyone installed the new TL 747 by Posky in FSX? I d/led it and installed per the instructions and I get a black interior with just a few gauges showing.

If anyone knows a fix for this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks - Rick

I got it guys. I poked around on the web and found the answer. I didn't know to move a copy of the 747.cab to the panel folder. (The following says to move it to the main gauges folder, but I just put it in the panel folder and it works.)

Here's what I found:

VC in Posky 747

If you want to have a working VC in FSX, leave the original model.cfg as-is, then follow these steps:

1.Place a COPY of B747_400_interior.mdl into the POSKY model folder.
2.Open the "texture" folder in the default FSX 747 and, again, COPY each of the B747_400_x_C.dds texture files into the POSKY texture folder.
3.Move a COPY of the Boeing747-400.cab from the default 747 panel folder into the main Gauges folder so that all add-ons will have access to that set of gauges. NOTE- I put this copy in the panel folder.
Don't forget to change the eyepoint and reset the sound alias to the default 737-800 if you're not already using an add-on sound pack.

Another thing I've been working on this evening is updating the FDE to the new 9.7 version. I did this and low and behold, I didn't have a VC. I spent a good deal of time on this issue before it dawned on me that the eyepoint setting in the new aircraft config file was incorrect. If you use the default B744 VC, set your eyepoint to :
eyepoint=-34.500, -2.000, 11.000

If I find out any other things that will benefit by change, I'll add them to this thread.
Hi Rick.

I edited the title a bit and made the thread sticky as this might also help others.
Good that you were able to solve the problem you had and share the solution with us all.
Christian :

Thank you for changing the title and making this a sticky. I'm going to keep working on this aircraft to get it right. I would really like a good 747, and this one has potential. There are still a couple of problems I'm dealing with and if and when I find the solution I'll be glad to post it. Since I am using the FSX version, the Posky fellows won't support it, so I'm having to glean all I can from their forum and do a bit of experimenting on my own.

Cheers - Rick
TCA2731 Wrote:If I find out any other things that will benefit by change, I'll add them to this thread.

Hi Rick.

That would be a good way to go, so there is no need for fellow pilots to read through several posts. Dirol

Thanks for your efforts.
Another thing about this aircraft is that when you select it, it will be overloaded by about 90,000 lbs. You must go in and change either the fuel load or the cargo load to get it under the max. Try to keep more weight on the nose as it will help ground handling (which is poor at best).