Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Pan-American Cargo Tour on 5-7 November 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow pilots.

Some days ago we received a message from Eric Faber, who is the Hub-Manager at Anchorage for UPS VA, regarding an on-line event on VATSIM mainly between 5-7 November 2010.

Here is the message:
Here's what I've put out to our UPS pilots via our company forum:

I am planning what I call a Pan-American Cargo Tour on 5-7 November 2010. I would like to invite all cargo pilots to participate. I realize that a flight of this length requires some pre-planning and personal time; therefore, we have broken the tour up into six legs. Leg #1 will be from PANC to CYWG. Leg #2: CYWG to KMIA. Leg #3: KMIA to SVMI. Leg#4: SVMI to SEQU. And last, Leg#5: SEQU to SCEL. Leg#6 (if you choose) would be a flight from SCEL to your assigned cargo hub airport. This event is sure to be both a fun an eventful flight. We are coordinating our flights with all VATSIM Regions and controllers, in hopes of getting maximum ATC participation. As of today, the South American VATSIM controllers are aware of our plans and are scheduling controllers to support us. In reality, this Tour could span a few days; not necessarily consecutive days - to allow maximum participation. If you are interested, please send me a message at ericthecfi@gmail.com and I will pass along more details. I have someone else helping with the charts and flight plans, and coordination with South American VATSIM controllers. Fly whichever cargo jet you like most and plan on joining in on the fun! We will have FMS/FMC and Flight Sim flight plan routes available soon. I look forward to seeing several THOUSAND miles of virtual airspace filled with Freight Dogs doing what they do best! I also look forward to hearing from you soon! The first takeoff is slated for 1400Z from PANC. - Eric Faber/UPS100

Any support you are able to muster up is greatly appreciated. One of my guys, Alvarro Lattore (UPS107) is taking care of the flight plans and coordination with VATSIM South American controller support.

I am the central point of contact for the event.

Again, any help and support you are able provide will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Eric Faber

UPS100

PANC Hub Manager

www.upsvac.com

If anybody of you is interested in doing these flights feel free to make them. I will set up these flights as the November Cargo Dispatch and two more flights will be added. First of course from Nassau to Anchorage and the final flight from Santiago de Chile to maybe Houston. You may also feel free to contact these guys there to get the latest information.

Have fun.