Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP035 WSJ - PACD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Today we had a visitor who join us and even if he are new for this years MP session hes a old pilot 2047 - Brian Parkins. WELCOME to the gang Brian.

Ok, we start todays session from WSJ - San Juan (Uganik)
Little to mush intime for me but this is how it could look when you forget to set the FSinn the wrong way (Peer-To-Peer) Brian and I look like we were marrige LOL

[attachment=2572]

That was better, more free if I may say so.

[attachment=2573]

Climbing after a T/G at AK81 - Amook Bay

[attachment=2575]

O/H KOY - Olga Bay

[attachment=2576]

Passing AKK Akhick for a T/G at ALZ, the seaplane AP very close to AKK

[attachment=2577]

[attachment=2578]

Some nice Alaska winter view

[attachment=2574]

[attachment=2579]

It was really bad weather at PAKN - King Salmon so I had to O/H then go back for my T/G

[attachment=2580]

Very narrow RWY at PNP - Pilot Point so I just O/H

[attachment=2581]

I had to break before PACD - Cold Bay, so I stopped at PAPH - Port Heiden
and Brian coming for hes T/G was the last pickture from me this time.

[attachment=2582]

[attachment=2583]

See u Next week
Pär
Hi guys,

as Pär already said, one of our old members re-joined the MP Session yesterday, proving one more time that you can go away, but never leave TCA Heart Welcome back Brian.

And there he is: Brian Perkins. He is preparing for departure right now.
[attachment=2584]

At the beginning of the flight the weather wasn't the best, although Stefaan and me used almost the same weather on the same day at the same time: Departure was on Friday 19:00 UTC. This circumstance confused some of the other pilots and we brought up Einstein's theory of relativity. Rofl
[attachment=2585]

Next I was flying along with was Pär once more. Here you can see us turning over one of the waypoints.
[attachment=2586]

Well, Pär didn't pay much attention on his six o'clock. that is not very smart if the 'Red Baron' is near you!
[attachment=2587]

Nothing else to see like clouds and rain.
[attachment=2588]

And some time a few patches of terrain.
[attachment=2589]

Then we came up to King Salmon where I made a full stop to refuel.
[attachment=2590]

Brian also had to re-join us at King Salmon after his computer crashed. Just before the guys arrived I took off and circled the area a bit to watch the guys.
[attachment=2591]
[attachment=2592]

One of the smaller airfields we were passing by that day.
[attachment=2593]

A rather small village en-route.
[attachment=2594]

At least the rain had dissipated, but the clouds remained with us.
[attachment=2595]

Another nice touch and go somewhere in Alaska.
[attachment=2596]

That is Port Heiden, where Pär jumped off the Session.
[attachment=2597]

These pictures are especially for Stefaan to depict the clouds that should have been around us as in his Sim there almost were no clouds although we both used the same weather source.
[attachment=2598]
[attachment=2599]

Then we finally arrived at Cold Bay already missing Pär and Vic who jumped off the Session some time before Pär. Brian had to answer the phone so he introduced the good hover ability of the Grumman Goose Rofl

I later simply forgot to take a picture with him joining us on the ramp at Cold Bay.Ashamed
But here you can see Stefaan parked next to me behind the fuel station and he also needed some fuel, sorry, I meant his aircraft needed some fuel.Biggrin
[attachment=2600]

Well, I hope you all had some fun. If so we would be glad to welcome you next Saturday for the next MP Session.
A few of my screenshots of this session

First, map of the flight
[attachment=2601]

San Juan, ready to get started..
[attachment=2602]

Passing Moser Bay... Brian in the background
[attachment=2603]

Passing Lazy Bay... all the guys up ahead except... Christian... now that's the time to worry when you don't have him in sight.... Biggrin
[attachment=2604]

Enroute to King Salmon... lot's of clouds ahead...
[attachment=2605]

[attachment=2606]

On final to King Salmon RW11, Brian is watching us from the holding point with his Goose
[attachment=2607]

Changing weather conditions even went to sunny so I needed the sunvisor enroute to Port Heiden... it's all part of the relativeness of space and time I guess....
[attachment=2608]

TG at Port Heiden, Par, Christian and Brian coming in behind
[attachment=2609]

TG at Nelson Lagoon
[attachment=2610]

Final destination after this weeks megasession of over 3 hours; Cold Bay.. and we were in need of fuel...
[attachment=2611]
and if you ask me... I think Par knew that there were quite some antenna's around at Cold bay.............

[attachment=2612]

[attachment=2613]

It was nice having Brian around and we hope to see you back next week !
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the photos and a very warm welcome back to Brian - hope you can join us some more in the future, Brian!

I enjoyed the MP flight, as always; however, I'm still wondering why Christian and Stefaan flew a Saturday flight with Friday's weather. It was quite confusing but then again I am usually confused anyway LOL. I guess it will always remain a mystery...

As always many thanks for the great session - see you this coming Saturday!

Best regards,

Vic
TCA_2613

(12-06-2010, 11:52 PM)TCA2613 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

Thanks for the photos and a very warm welcome back to Brian - hope you can join us some more in the future, Brian!

I enjoyed the MP flight, as always; however, I'm still wondering why Christian and Stefaan flew a Saturday flight with Friday's weather. It was quite confusing but then again I am usually confused anyway LOL. I guess it will always remain a mystery...

As always many thanks for the great session - see you this coming Saturday!

Best regards,

Vic
TCA_2613

Hi vic.

There were two good reasons why we made this flight almost 23 hours 'earlier':
a) at 19:00 UTC there was more daylight than at 18:00 UTC on Saturday, and we could use archived real world weather and
b) to confuse you all RoflBiggrin

BTW it appears that Hifi Sim has released an Service Pack for Active Sky Evolution: B642 http://www2.hifisim.com/node/9
Wow, that was sure fun. I've missed you guys. First flying online with TCA in almost 3-4 yrs, I think. Going back to sea was great; not having live feed internet was not so great.

Had fun with the Goose, but may try another aircraaft if I can fly again next weekend. Kept talking about it but never actually turned off the real weather; hope to find one that handles it a bit better.

My photo at the end didn't come out. When I reinstalled I lost a little piece of software that did my screen captures. Nuts. You should have seen the weather during my final landing...after the hover. (That was my sweetie, BTW. Looking forward to living with her after this final set of orders.)

Thanks so much for the point to the Connie!!! Wow, already flew it once. What a monster. I love that plane...despite the six page checklist. No, because of the six page checklist!

They made the rescue BTW. Ship's under tow safely headed to Dutch.

Thanks again, guys. Sure hope to see you again next weekend. Thanks so much, Par, for tracking me down. And to Christian for the great Pilot Handbook - everything back up on the first try. Amazing.

Warm regards,
Brian Perkins, aka Ron Rico
TCA #2047