Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP036 PACD - IKO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We had another nice MP Session yesterday, but I only took a few pictures as I again had some problems taking themCrazy
Nevertheless we departed at around 18:05 UTC from Cold Bay and 'we' were, Pär, Vic and me.
Pär took off from the water as always. Vic is already in position to line up onto RWY 32 as I am still taxiing to RWY 32.
[attachment=2614]

Soon after departure I was 'in contact' with Pär.
[attachment=2615]

Our first destination for a touch and go was Sand Point and here I am on short final to RWY 31.
[attachment=2616]

After my touch and go I circled the airfield and got a shot of Pär on the water and Vic doing his touch and go.
[attachment=2617]

Next we continued on as the sun began to rose, if we can call it 'rising sun' in Alaska in general. Biggrin
[attachment=2618]

The weather was fair so far according to the clouds and the winds roughly coming out of 330-350 with about 20 knots gusting up to 45 knots.
Here I was enjoying the clouds.
[attachment=2619]
[attachment=2620]

Then Pär needed to draw our (and his) attention to the Briefing document as he discovered that he won't be able to pass this mountain above. Later he discovered that we manually should have flown around it on the left hand side.Rtfm I however decided to set full throttle, full prop-pitch and climbed at a rate of 1000 meters per minute to 3000 meters.
[attachment=2621]

Well, I fly a German aircraft with metric instruments only, so I have all metric settings.Biggrin

This is the final picture and it shows me climbing out after the touch and go at Unalaska (PADU).
[attachment=2622]

Sorry, but I was a little bit distracted from the MP Session as Pär draw my attention to an error in the Pilots Manual, which I could not agree to, but I made a minor update now and the Pilots Manual is now available in zip and rar-format. But with zip it is almost double the seize of the rar file (1586 kb to 707 kb).

OK, there will be one final MP Session for 2010 next weekend before the year is almost over. We will resume the MP Session on January 8th, 2011. Check the TCA-On-line site for updates.
Nice pictures Christian.
See you guys next week.
Hi Christian,

Great photos and great fun as always - see you next Saturday!

Vic
TCA2613
Very sorry to miss; unexpected travel. Will now be traveling continually until Jan 7th or so with no PC and only an ancient laptop (although visiting home over the holidays). I wish you all a wonderful Christmas! I will see you next year.

Warm regards,

Brian
TCA #2047 Thank-you