Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Quality Wings Boeing 757
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
Amongst some TCAA guys we were discussing the Quality wings 757, reason they have a bonus for sale rightnow.

(http://www.qwsim.com/index.php/757-overview )

I pasted some of our mails on this forum, maybe some other guys are interested as well.

STefaan

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Crew,

I think maybe we should continue our Q-Wings 757 discussion on our forum.
The reason being that someone else may be interested in purchasing the
aircraft like Capt Rudy or Capt Aspinall. I know Rudy has the CS757's and I
don't think he is real happy with the aircraft. Couple pilots have stated
that they have had a CTD with the CS757 while loading the FMC, etc., but
this has not happened to me. I had a few issues with the autopilot when
connected to the FMC and I think I found the problem. I had added a United
Airlines new colors paint scheme that was not compatible with the ACE
loader. I deleted it out and that solved most of the problems. I was working
to get a more stable approach and I still need to work more on that. I think
I will purchase the QW757, still thinking at the present time.

To bring up the pilots that may have not heard about the Quality Wings 757
sale. They are having a 20% off sale for both FS and FSX versions. The sale
ends Saturday and there is a code you have to enter that can be found on
their forum or see below. There are many, many paint schemes for the 757 on
the web site.

The Coupon Code to enter is, QW757BDAY

Note: Q-Wings are working on a Boeing 787 and news is it will be out late

Sandy

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

The QW 757 can be loaded with TOPCAT if you call it your own. This might be very helpful in also calculating v-speeds and de-rated thrust settings.

The information about the FMC is also very good only thing that is missing is the custom waypoints creation…Vic?

But indeed it might be a good Christmas present from Santa.

Christian

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

I prepared this response to Stefaan's email this morning but hit "reply" instead of "reply to all". Another senior moment...

Christian, as I recall there is a progress and fix page. The FMC is, I think, pretty complete.

I mentioned to Sandy in another email that there has recently been another service pack. I have to run some errands this morning and early afternoon, but when I get home I will download the service pack, and then fly KRNO-KSJC, and will let you guys know how the aircraft is looking.

Best,

Vic

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been very busy with real world stuff the last couple of days.

I have the QW Sim, I like it very much. There are tons of liveries, they are excellent, and the sounds and the VC are very well done. It's a fun aircraft to fly, while we wait for the promised Level-D 757. I much prefer it to the CS version.

I only have a couple of minor issues with the aircraft:

(1) Using the load manager it is only possible to load empty, 1/3, 2/3, or full, so you can't load, for example a specific number of passengers or cargo.

(2) On my computer I have noticed a few times a tendency to overspeed during VNAV descent (may be due to my setup, joystick, etc.)

(3) It is a "lite" version, lighter than both the CS757 and the LevelD 767. For example, V-speeds are preselected (but probably accurate). That said, it comes with a full NAV database, SIDS, STARS, etc. and is updatable using the Navigraph service.

Other than those things, they have a great forum, the developers are very responsive, and as I said above, it is just a fun aircraft to fly. I understand that it is on sale and if so, I think it will make a nice Christmas present from Santa.

Hope this helps, again, sorry for the delay in responding...

Best,

Vic

OK, OK....... I bought it Thumbup

Thanks for the tip STefaan Whisper

I suppose this means more painting, any preferences? Buba

(12-16-2010, 09:49 AM)admintca Wrote: [ -> ].

I bought it today as well and will install it later on.

Jack, as all models are in this package, I would suggest all PAX versions in TCA and TCAA, plus the Cargo Versions for TWL and TCAA as well.

BTW, is there a repaint in the meantime for the Level-D B767 for FSX available? I read on their forums that these repaints are created from the FS9 repaints, which for me sounds really easy (if you know what you are doing - so this does exclude meBiggrin).
(12-16-2010, 03:23 PM)CBreuer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 09:49 AM)admintca Wrote: [ -> ].

I bought it today as well and will install it later on.

Jack, as all models are in this package, I would suggest all PAX versions in TCA and TCAA, plus the Cargo Versions for TWL and TCAA as well.

BTW, is there a repaint in the meantime for the Level-D B767 for FSX available? I read on their forums that these repaints are created from the FS9 repaints, which for me sounds really easy (if you know what you are doing - so this does exclude meBiggrin).

Waauw, nice guys !
I'm just on my way to the shop here :-)
will get it installed later on tonight.

some TCAA livery would definitely be nice... got some flights in mind already :-)

I also have the 767 for FSX, but still using the default "levelD" livery :-(
I'm sure Jack will spoil and supprise us all for Christmas Thumbup