Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg037 IKO - PAPB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This flight did not contains so many T/G as were are flying at the botten of south west Alaska (see pic) I even like to visit this area because this is a area that no one of the guys have explore so much.

[attachment=2631]

We Depature from IKO - Nikolski AS
[attachment=2623]

Our first T/ at PAAK - Atka
[attachment=2624]

[attachment=2625]

View of some small Island heading to Adak
[attachment=2626]

PADK - Adak, down below Christian are refueling and I O/H then did my T/G
[attachment=2627]

[attachment=2628]

Final Stop at PAPB - Saint George Island
[attachment=2629]

[attachment=2630]

This was the last flight for 2010, we begin again next year 2011-01-08

Pär
Some of my screenshots of this session

First, map of the flight
[attachment=2632]

Departing Nikolski with the Kodiak early in the morning in AK... you can also see Vic and Christian.
[attachment=2633]

At PAAK, Atka I switched to a faster aircraft to be able to gain more speed during the final 370 miles over water to St George Island.

Departing Atka in the General Dynamics F-111 "Sleepy Time Gal"
[attachment=2634]

[attachment=2635]

In no time I caught up Vic in his Duke...
[attachment=2636]

And a little later after the TG at PADK, Adak, while enroute to St George Island I also got Christian and his FW-190 in my visor.... The roles changed for once <LOL>
[attachment=2637]

[attachment=2638]

Past Christian I accelerated the jet to Mach 2.1 at 19.500 feet for some time and in no time I had to get down for landing at PAPB.
[attachment=2639]

Upon arrival I went for a left downwind to RW18 and decelerated to 250IAS with full wing extension.

Turning base I decelerated to 200IAS and full flaps.
Turning final I extended the gear and once I got visual on the descend path I decelerated to 160IAS which was just about good for my little over 60.000lbs of gross weight.
[attachment=2640]

[attachment=2641]

[attachment=2642]

[attachment=2643]

Even though the guys didn't think I could make it, I was confident I could Scool
Even though the VC is not more than rudimentary, it remains a plane I like a lot. It handles so nicely just by stick and throttle control that I fly around in it quite regularly...

Touched down at about 120IAS and decelerated, with some room to spare on the 5000 foot runway...
[attachment=2644]

[attachment=2645]

[attachment=2646]

All systems shut down and waiting for Christian to arrive ... he's just popping up in sight
[attachment=2647]

Final destination of an MP with not so many TG's but all the more racing over water.
Me and Christian, Vic had to leave early and Par was already logged off.
[attachment=2648]

[attachment=2649]

We're having a holiday break now, MP's resume Jan 8th, but during holiday's me and some of the guys will be online regularly doing some other flights for TCAA, TCA and other...
Well, This is the last flight for 2010 and I thought it was time to transit to a slightly more powerful aircraft: The FW190D11 instead of the FW190D9Biggrin

Here we are almost ready to depart from Nikolski AS. Vic and Pär are on FSX while Stefaan and me are on FS9, hence the 'wrong' sceneries. Pär is lined up and Vic is standing by. So I ordered Pär to go first, followed by Vic, then me and finally Stefaan.
[attachment=2658]

Here I have performed a touch and go at Atka , whilst Vic is on approach to the active runway there. I still remember that Pär moved on with his King Air 350 and i think Stefaan changed the aircraft here. I moved on to Adak to refuel there.
[attachment=2659]

First some nice pictures en-route.
[attachment=2660]
[attachment=2661]
[attachment=2662]

Adak, Stefaan approaching, whilst I am still refueling.
[attachment=2663]

Pär is already on his way to St. George Island speeding up as he had another appointment.
[attachment=2664]

I stopped taking pictures here as MGrab gave some really bad error messages and so I quit taking picturesDash2
Nevertheless Stefaan and me continued to St. George and after arrival flew a little bit more around this island with in my case, different aircrafts.

So I hope to see everyone of you back again in 2011 on January 8th we will continue.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011!