Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Exporing new scenerys using PMDG MD-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
After looking at Christians & Stefaans nice picuters and report I try to chear some of my flights, hope you like it even if I'm not so good in making nice reports like Christian & Stefaan.
I did it in three flights:
1 ESSA - Arlanda,Sweden to LFPG - Charles De Gaulle, France (2.15 hours)
2 LFPG to KMSN - Dane Co RGNL TRUAX,USA (11.45 hours)
3 KMSN to KLAX - Los Angeles,USA (3.45 hours)

First a couple of MD-11 cockpit pictures.
[attachment=2792]
[attachment=2793]
[attachment=2794]
[attachment=2795]
Taking from the long flight to KMSN
[attachment=2796]
OK, I begin at ESSA and the weather was nice even if it sometimes were very cloudy and heavy snow. After a lot of help from Christian I finaly start to understand how to fly this complex MD-11, the hard part was to set FMS in a proper way and with some hints from Christian and Vic I also manage to make the arravial nice and smoth (LOL, ok with some speed problem)
[attachment=2797]
[attachment=2798]
[attachment=2800]
[attachment=2806]
Arr. LFPG -Charles De Gaulle
[attachment=2802]
[attachment=2803]
[attachment=2804]
Overview of LFPG
[attachment=2805]
More pic. ->

Next leg: 2 LFPG to KMSN - Dane Co RGNL TRUAX,USA (11.45 hours)

This was a very long flight made from Routefinder I have to short it down from about 6800nm to 5200nm. The Arr at KMSN very tricky as it was at night and the AP lack som good RWY & Taxiway lights.

Dep. LFPG
[attachment=2807]
[attachment=2808]
[attachment=2809]
[attachment=2810]
[attachment=2811]
Arr. KMSN
[attachment=2812]
[attachment=2813]

Last leg: 3 KMSN to KLAX - Los Angeles,USA (3.45 hours)
[attachment=2814]
[attachment=2815]
[attachment=2816]
[attachment=2817]

More pic. ->

Last pic. from 3 KMSN to KLAX - Los Angeles,USA (3.45 hours)

Arr. at KLAX
[attachment=2818]
[attachment=2819]
[attachment=2820]
[attachment=2821]
[attachment=2822]

Thats it folks and see you next week when we keep flying MP in Alaska

Pär
Nice screenshots and report Par !
Good to see you're mastering a very nice plane.
Myself I'll stick to the Boeings and Busses' for now; I'm quite familiar with their procedures and this keeps me from picking it up all over again for a new aircraft :-)
Hi Pär.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them and also nice sceneries for ESSA and LFPG. But it appeared that you, or your computer had some problems in loading textures upon arrival to LFPG.

Another think that I want to say: Enable Anti-Aliasing. My early pictures were also taken with AA off, but now since I have learned how to use it I love the result and can't be any more without it.

Keep on with the reports and hope to see you on Saturday.
(01-02-2011, 11:04 AM)CBreuer Wrote: [ -> ]Enable Anti-Aliasing.

I agree to that Par.
With your system and Vid card it should not pose a problem and the result are much smoother edges.
You can always start with a lower setting to start and gradually move up to see if your system copes with it.

(01-02-2011, 10:48 AM)TCA2050 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice screenshots and report Par !
Good to see you're mastering a very nice plane.
Myself I'll stick to the Boeings and Busses' for now; I'm quite familiar with their procedures and this keeps me from picking it up all over again for a new aircraft :-)

And the MD-11 has almost both systems in one Biggrin
It is not so much to learn as you might think. If you know the systems of the Boeing's and Airbuses you are well set up.
(01-02-2011, 12:38 PM)CBreuer Wrote: [ -> ]It is not so much to learn as you might think. If you know the systems of the Boeing's and Airbuses you are well set up.

Maybe I should give it a try afterall ...Yes....