Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP038 PAPB-PADL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, after the Christmas and New Years break it was time for MP-flying again. We had another re-join with Dave OneX. Welcome back Dave!

Unfortunately I deleted the first two pictures, so I have to start with the start, aka. takeoff.Biggrin
I am lined up on RWY 29 with my FW190D11 as Pär is taxiing into position with his FW190A9.
[attachment=2848]

On downwind leg at PASN, as Pär was approaching to the opposite direction according to his winds.
[attachment=2849]

Aircraft cleaned up, accelerated and pull up!
[attachment=2850]

Then came one of the longer legs of almost 40 minutes straight flight. The flightplan called for an altitude of 13000 feet, but I opted for 28200 feet, or 10000 meters as I have set it to metric unitsBiggrin
[attachment=2851]

Contrails behind my aircraft.
[attachment=2852]

Then we approached to an airport, which I couldn't find due to bad weather, but Pär almost talked me down to the runway.
[attachment=2853]

And the next airport.
[attachment=2854]
[attachment=2855]

And one more touch and go before we were heading for the final destination, Dillingham, Alaska. NOT Hawaii On_the_quiet
[attachment=2856]
[attachment=2857]

After repositioning the GPS to the lower right part of the panel instead of upper left the view out of the cockpit was much better and I was able to follow the route more precisely even by hand and VERY low and VERY fast. Remember the speed is metric meaning I am going with about 550-600 km/h.
[attachment=2858]
[attachment=2859]

After I had landed at Dillingham with a greaser I taxied to the ramp, where Pär joined me. For some reason he arrived earlier than me although I had passed him at very high speed below and during the pass i climbed in front of him, which happened unnoticed by him, as he ran out of fuel at this time. An no! I didn't shoot him down. In fact he ran out of fuel just a the the moment as he turned to final for RWY 1 at Dillingham. Cray

But his aircraft seems to be in good shape nevertheless.
[attachment=2860]

Stefaan was looking at us from the other side of the ramp.
[attachment=2861]

As I was checking with the panel of the A9 version Dave arrived and before i could take a picture he already had left the session. The one picture I had of him was the first picture that got deleted.Cray

Well, I hope that next weekend we will be again so many pilots. But if all pilots join, that recently joined we could bring the number up to 7 (seven).Heart

Have a nice week.
We are parked at PAPB - Saint George Island, ready to start our flight.
I was very glad that Dave were joining us today after a long time away
He were in a Lockheed Electra but I see him in a L049A (LOL), he lookes like a monster behind my Focke Wulf
[attachment=2862]
[attachment=2863]
[attachment=2864]

Our first T/G at PAMY - St. Paul
[attachment=2865]

THX to Christian I did NOT run down the antena that were close to the AP (LOL)
[attachment=2866]

PAMY - Mekoruk
[attachment=2868]

PAPM - Platinum
[attachment=2869]

PAEH - Cape Newwnham, trick airport as you cane see.
[attachment=2871]
[attachment=2872]

PATG - Togiak
[attachment=2873]

Some terrain pictures
[attachment=2867]
[attachment=2874]

Final Stop at PADL - Dillingham, just ouside the RWY because I run out of fuel (LOL)
[attachment=2875]

Sorry it should have been here LOL
[attachment=2876]

See u next week with full tanks of fuel.

Pär

Some of my screenshots of this session

But first a warm welcome back Dave! Nice to have you around.

Map of the flight
[attachment=2879]

The ramp at Saint George Island, PAPB
Me, Christian, Par and Dave
[attachment=2880]

Enroute to the first TG, St Pauls Island, PASN at 13000 ft.
[attachment=2881]

Lot of activity over PASN
[attachment=2882]

[attachment=2883]

I didn't have the opportunity to take many screenshots further enroute, so here I"m already on final to RW01 at Dillingham AK
[attachment=2884]

Followed by Christian
[attachment=2885]

and Par, though I didn't see the landing itself.... guess he used some sort of a German built-in cloaking device ??
[attachment=2886]

And Dave arrives also
[attachment=2887]

[attachment=2888]

See you back next week !