Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg 048 PASV-15Z
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, yesterday it was time for another MP Session and it was quite funny. Our trip this time will lead us from Sparrevohn to McCarthy (15Z). Here is a map of the route:
[attachment=3288]

Here we are parked at PASV with Stefaan to my right and Dave to my left. Dave maybe had learned his lesson from last week and used his Starship again, which is somewhat faster...
[attachment=3289]
[attachment=3290]

Then it was time to depart and just as I had lined up my FS9 stuck and I decided to reboot completely mainly because my Track IR didn't work at all. So I decided that Stefaan and Dave should depart and I would catch up with them later.
After my system was back up and my FS9 as well and Track IR also worked I departed about 15 minutes after them, climbed to 4500 meters and pushed the throttles forward to the red line giving me a ground speed of 373 knots at the maximum and approximately and indicated air speed of 580 kph. This all had a little bit of an intercept, but hey! I am flying a FW190 a fighter aircraft Yes
[attachment=3291]

Then I arrived at Dirt River (3AK5) before Stefaan. Dave had already performed his touch and go.
[attachment=3292]

Next airport for a touch and go was Kenai Mun. (PAEN). Stefaan was approaching runway 01L and i decided to do the same. Unfortunately my approach speed is almost as high as his normal cruise speed and so it happened that we both landed on RWY 01L and I had to throttle up and turn right to avoid crashing into him.
[attachment=3293]

A little impression about the throttle setting whilst flying along with Stefaan a little bit. I have throttled back to almost idle, whilst Stefaan was at almost full throttle. RoflRofl
[attachment=3294]
[attachment=3295]

Next was Anchorage (PANC) and here we are overflying Fire Island where the Anchorage (ANC) VOR is located.
[attachment=3296]

Stefaan was approaching RWY 07R and I was aiming for 07L.
[attachment=3297]
[attachment=3298]
[attachment=3299]

Next was Elmendorf AFB and it is not that far away from Stevens Anchorage, but the weather had changed dramatically:
[attachment=3300]
[attachment=3301]

The weather report:
[attachment=3302]

But closing in to Willow the weather cleared up again and you can see Stefaan's callsign behind me now.
[attachment=3303]

Approach to Willow (PAUO).
[attachment=3304]
[attachment=3305]

Stefaan to my right.
[attachment=3306]
[attachment=3307]

Next was Palmer (PAAQ). And Stefaan got in front of me again and performed his touch and go before me.
[attachment=3308]

After I had performed my touch and go I accelerated and passed Stefaan at high speed and I had to bank hard to the left. Music
[attachment=3309]

Next we were en-route to Valdez (PAVD) and Dave was a little bit below me.
[attachment=3310]

There is the airfield:
[attachment=3311]

I was too high and too fast as well, so I had to perform some tight turns to bleed off speed, but all worked out very good.
[attachment=3312]

From Valdez I followed the valley and river towards McCarthy. That was again my kind of flying: low and fast!
[attachment=3313]

During the flight the visibility again got more bad again, but still good enough to see far enough to pinpoint any obstacles...
[attachment=3314]
[attachment=3315]

We are closing in...
[attachment=3316]

There is McCarthy now. Preparing for an approach to RWY 19.
[attachment=3317]

Final approach.
[attachment=3318]

Taxiing back to the small ramp.
[attachment=3319]

Stefaan and Dave are also arriving now.
[attachment=3320]
[attachment=3321]

Here we are at our final destination for this MP Session.
[attachment=3322]
[attachment=3323]

I hope you enjoyed the flight report.
Due to DST the next MP Session will start at 17:00 UTC from now on again until DST will end in Europe on October 30th!
Some of my screenshots of this session, a session that started a bit with a problem for me also.... first a right engine shutdown shortly after takeoff... followed closely by a windscreen freezing up ....
Luckily we managed to get things going again.

Leaving Sparrevohn with Dave just visible in the right lower corner
[attachment=3324]

Setting up for TG at Kenai (PACN) RW01
[attachment=3325]

and taking off again, notice Christian at the left
[attachment=3326]

Enroute to Anchorage Intl
[attachment=3327]

...Christian ahead
[attachment=3328]

...Dave behind
[attachment=3329]

[attachment=3330]

Setting up for TG at Anchorage RW07R
[attachment=3331]

And taking off again, notice Dave
[attachment=3332]

Christian about to perform his TG at Willow
[attachment=3333]

Next TG at Palmer Municipal (PAAQ) RW09, notice Dave ahead
[attachment=3334]

... and Christian performing an interesting manouvre
[attachment=3335]

Leaving Palmer we had to climb to 15.000ft to clear the mountains enroute to Valdez (PAVD)
[attachment=3336]

.... circling over Valdez
[attachment=3337]

... cruising at 9.000ft; passing a glacier while enroute to the final destination of todays MPSession, McCarthy (15Z)
[attachment=3338]

Arrived at McCarthy...
....Christian (in a pale white aircraft... apparently the textures of this AI aircraft are not compatible with DX10... will return to good old DX9 next week :-) )
[attachment=3339]

.... and Dave
[attachment=3340]

It was nice to have been able to join the MP session again.
See you back next week !
Hey Stefaan & CB, nice screenshots!