Tradewind Forums

Full Version: TWL0511-11 and TWL0512-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks.

The Cargo Dispatch of May 2011 is different from the ones before regarding number of flights and the flights themselves. This only applies for the International Cargo Dispatch, but I hope those of you making these flights have fun.

To give you a small look inside what to expect I decided to take some pictures of two legs, although I forgot to take pictures of the arrival to Tokyo Narita Cray

OK, here we go:
We are taxiing to RWY 20L at Guangzhou (ZGGG) for our departure to Kansai (RJBB).
[attachment=3651]

Due to the short leg from Guangzhou to Kansai we could select flaps-20 and de-rate thrust to FLEX 57°. Nevertheless this all results in following v-speeds: V1 155, Vr 165 and V2 173 knots. We can expect a takeoff weight of over 530000 lbs. Currently it reads 531100 lbs.
[attachment=3652]

Here we go. We are climbing out and heading to Pingzhou VOR to join airway B330 to CH (Cheung Chau) near Hong Kong.
[attachment=3653]
[attachment=3654]
[attachment=3655]

The sun is rising and after I took this picture FS9 crashed due to the 'well known' OOM (out of memory) effect. I owe the designer of Guangzhou scenery a big thank you for that. Funny thing is, it only happens if I depart from there. Ashamed
[attachment=3656]

OK, after rebooting FS9 and reloading the flight it happened that we crossed Chek Lap Kok Airport first.
[attachment=3657]
[attachment=3658]

And some night impressions from the scenery near Hong Kong.
[attachment=3659]

Old Kai Tak Airport Heart
[attachment=3660]

After passing CH we joined on airway A1 and flew out over the sea until we turned over ELATO more to the north to get to Japan.
[attachment=3661]

About two hours later we already were flying over Japan this time on airway V54 from HKC to TAE. According to the elapsed time this picture must have been taken near TAE (Oita).
[attachment=3662]

Half an hour later we were already in descend for an approach to RWY 24L.
[attachment=3663]

We were not the only aircraft around as we had 'company' traffic to our left bound for Osaka: Tradewinds 1030 on approach.
[attachment=3664]

A FedEx was departing from Kansai.
[attachment=3665]

Next we are already turning to final and the gear is still coming down.
[attachment=3666]
[attachment=3667]

On final RWY 24L:
[attachment=3668]

Kansai Airport seems to be busy with aircrafts from all over the world.
[attachment=3669]

Clear of the runway and now lets taxi to the Cargo ramp.
[attachment=3670]

The marshaller is doing his job.
[attachment=3671]

Parking brake set and engines shut down:
[attachment=3672]
[attachment=3673]

Now it is time for the ground handlers to do their jobs...
[attachment=3674]

We will take a break now and head over to Osaka and join with the crew from TCA1030.Popcorm1

Next flight is scheduled to depart in about 8 hours from now... An even shorter one.Yes
OK, we had a nice meeting with the crew of TCA1030 and time flew by too quickly, but we had to get back to the airport to continue to Tokyo Narita.
Unfortunately the weather had changed from nice to rain... Maybe it is better to leave now. We can expect better weather at Tokyo.
[attachment=3675]

During push-back the rain has stopped, but now for long...
[attachment=3676]

We taxied to RWY 24L and had a little race going on with an Emirates B777-300ER - which we won.Big_boss
[attachment=3677]
[attachment=3678]

Lift off:
[attachment=3679]

Gear is coming up.
[attachment=3680]

Powerful climb out:
[attachment=3681]

Passing Kansai once more heading back to a northerly direction.
[attachment=3682]

We only climbed to FL290 for the short flight and we picked a rather good tailwind which made for a good ground speed(record?). Rofl
[attachment=3683]

Descending towards Tokyo now and the sun is about to set.
[attachment=3684]

There you already can see the airport. We are set up for an ILS 16R approach.
[attachment=3685]

The American Airlines Boeing 777-200ER is heading to JFK...
[attachment=3686]
[attachment=3687]

The final picture. As I said earlier I forgot to take more pictures of the arrival, this was mostly because of the gusty winds during approach resulting in the auto thrust system not being able to maintain thrust, so I had to set thrust by hand and also flew the approach by hand.
[attachment=3688]

Only three more legs and the Cargo Dispatch for May is done, PANC, KMEM and TJSJ.

Come on guys, FedEx needs our support this month. BiggrinMusic
Very nice report and screenshots Christian!
I just arrived at Tokio this afternoon, leaving for PANC tomorrow.

(05-13-2011, 04:38 PM)TCA2050 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice report and screenshots Christian!
I just arrived at Tokio this afternoon, leaving for PANC tomorrow.

I am already back at Memphis leaving for San Juan at around 18:30Z.YesBig_boss