Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg 062 KBIX-KTPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday we had flight No. 62 of the actual MP Session. the flight took us from Biloxi via Mobile, Pensacola and Panama City along the Florida Coast to Tampa. But you can see the routing on the map below.
[attachment=4095]

There were two more pilots joining: Dave and Stefaan.
Stefaan was flying the P-47 and Dave the P-51.
[attachment=4096]

We waited for Vic to probably appear, but at 1715Z we released brakes and taxied to runway 21 at Keesler AFB.
[attachment=4097]

After takeoff I had a look of where the others are and I could see that Stefaan just got airborne.
[attachment=4098]

Then things happened very quickly as Stefaan had problems with his FSX and dropped out of the session, later joining in FS9. Dave also had some problems then trying to join with FS8. Later on he was back in FS9 again. Since Dave was flying a DHC-5 my FSInn assigned a very nice looking aircraft for him:
[attachment=4099]

I made a full stop landing at Mobile to let the guys catch up. Some later on we were again ready to go.
[attachment=4100]

About to touch down at Pensacola NAS (KNPA).
[attachment=4101]

And off again:
[attachment=4102]
[attachment=4103]

Next was Pensacola Regl KPNS) just 'around the corner'.
[attachment=4104]

Checking out Stefaan's Cessna: Looking good!
[attachment=4105]

Next airport was Eglin AFB (KVPS). I am on base for runway 12.
[attachment=4106]

Now on final:
[attachment=4107]

A quick climb...
[attachment=4108]

Next is an unscheduled approach to Panama City (KPFN).
[attachment=4109]
[attachment=4110]

Next is Stefaan.
[attachment=4111]

Final to Tyndall AFB (KPAM) runway 13R.
[attachment=4112]

The guys are just following short behind.
[attachment=4113]
[attachment=4114]

Next stop would be Tampa (KTPA), but we still have some distance to go from Tyndall AFB...
[attachment=4115]

Passing Cross City VOR (CTY).
[attachment=4116]

Closing in to a power plant which FS9 depicts as nuclear power plant, but according to some pictures in Google Earth it is an ordinary conventional power plant close to Inglis.
[attachment=4117]
[attachment=4118]

Turning for a very long final to Tampa's runway 18R.
[attachment=4119]

After landing we taxied around a little bit to find a nice place for us. Unfortunately Stefaan didn't see me as he was heading straight towards me and so we hit each other. I had already stopped. Good that crash detection is always set to 'off'. YesRofl
[attachment=4120]

We then joined near the Terminal with Stefaan on my right wing and Dave to the left.
[attachment=4121]
[attachment=4122]

OK, one more flight in these small aircrafts and then it is time to move on over to Europe and endanger the airspace over here. BiggrinRofl

Hope to see you back next week.
And BTW nice greetings from Pär who still is with us. Hopefully he will be back with us soon.
Hi CB, nice shots!! Good to hear that Pär maybe back flying again! :)