Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg063 KTPA-MYGF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, last night we had the final flight with the small aircrafts across the USA back to the Bahamas. From next weekend on we will start our trip towards Europe, but first the report of yesterdays flight.

As common I will start with a map of the route.
[attachment=4127]

I think for the first time in this series of flights we all used WWII aircraft, with Dave using his P-51, Stefaan his P-47, Vic the Spitfire and I as common the FW190D9.
Here we are all still on the ramp at Tampa.
[attachment=4128]

After departure our first waypoint was the MCF VOR near McDill AFB.
[attachment=4129]

Turning via MILEJ intersection leading the 'pack'.
[attachment=4130]

After about 15 minutes we arrived at Sarasota (KSRQ) airport for our first touch and go.
[attachment=4131]

Well, only the sun depicted here instead of Vic in his Spitfire. Obviously we passed each other too fast. Yes
[attachment=4132]

Another waypoint (MURDO) and I am still in lead position.
[attachment=4133]

Aiming for runway 15 at Charlotte County airport at Punta Gorda.
[attachment=4134]

Passing Stefaan in opposite direction. Biggrin
[attachment=4135]

Vic is making his approach at Charlotte.
[attachment=4136]

Vic in his beautiful Spitfire, with Stefaan somewhere in the background.
[attachment=4137]

OK, quick climb and off we go again.
[attachment=4138]

for some reason Dave changed to the Starship again, but changed back to his Mustang some time later.
[attachment=4139]

Touch and go at Southwest Florida (KSRW).
[attachment=4140]

Crossing Cypress (CYY) VOR, or Naples Municipal airport.
[attachment=4141]

Unfortunately i was not able to take any pictures of Everglades airpark as the runway was rather short and I had to concentrate on the approach itself. So it happened that after some time we arrived at Fort Lauderdale (KFLL). Vic mentioned that he was approaching to runway 9R and he was just in front of me. In the beginning the spacing was fine:
[attachment=4142]

Then he reduced speed and I got too close to him to land after him and so I overtook him on the port side and turned back onto the centerline and landed in the final third of the runway. No problem for a touch and go Rofl
[attachment=4143]

For Palm Beach (KPBI) I opted for being No. 1 again and turned to final for runway 9L. It worked out perfectly as you can see.
[attachment=4144]

After leaving Palm Beach and heading towards West End (ZWE) on Grand Bahama I asked whether we all would power up to full throttle to see who's aircraft would be the fastest and as I thought mine was the fastest as I had achieved aground speed of 317 knots.
Stefaan is near the right stabilizer and Vic more in the background.
[attachment=4145]

The weather over the Atlantic could have been more friendly...
[attachment=4146]

I have passed West End already with Stefaan following close behind. Vic is also somewhere rather close behind us and Dave had to search for his throttle? At least he stated that he would drop his external tanks, which Stefaan already did and so I did as well.
[attachment=4147]

Closing in to Freeport.
[attachment=4148]
[attachment=4149]

Starting to turn final to runway 06.
[attachment=4150]

Somehow Stefaan managed to land first in front of me, but missed the exit and so I was first to arrive at the apron. Taxi in:
[attachment=4151]

Stefaan has arrived.Bye
[attachment=4152]

Vic and Dave are parked more far away from us. Maybe they thought we would bite? Rofl
[attachment=4153]
[attachment=4154]

Wow, that again was a very nice MP Session and next week we will start our trip to Europe with the flight to Newark (KEWR). I hope till then you will find your aircrafts for these flights.

Have a great week.
Very nice screenshots Christian, was a memorable flight with lot's of fun.
Some of my screenshots of this session

Preparing to depart from Tampa.... nice vintage stuff
[attachment=4155]

...got a very appropriate livery for Dave's P51; "The Texas Hun Hunter" Thumbup
[attachment=4156]

Near Brandon FL
[attachment=4157]

[attachment=4158]

[attachment=4159]

KSRQ, Sarasota Brandenton Intl; Vic is doing his TG, Christian is airborne....
[attachment=4160]

... and on to the next one
[attachment=4161]

KPGD, Charlotte Regl; Vic setting up for TG at RW03
[attachment=4162]

[attachment=4163]

Near Schmidt Airstrip
[attachment=4164]

[attachment=4165]

Near Boca Raton FL
[attachment=4166]

Final destination, MYGF Grand Bahamas (Freeport)
[attachment=4167]

[attachment=4168]

See you back next week !
Wow Stefaan. Very nice screenshots - they really look fantastic.
Hey CB & Stefaan,
Nice pictures, looks like a virtual WWII. Stefaan, love your ole "Jug" but my favorite Air Force aircraft is the P-51, and my favorite Navy plane was the ole Corsair.Big_boss