Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg064 MYGF-KEWR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellow pilots.

Tonight we will start the trips to Europe leaving Freeport for Newark first. Have a look at the map to get an impression of the route today.
[attachment=4169]

Update at 16:40 Zulu
Current weather as of 15:45 Zulu:
[attachment=4173]
Source: NOAA
Click on the image to see the animation!
OK, here we are again and ready to depart for Newark. Joining today were Dave (MD-11 in Swissair-Asia paint, displayed as LTU), Stefaan (B767-300 in a nice TUI repaint) and Vic (MD-11 TCA repaint) joined as we were taxing out. I was using the YAL-1. Biggrin
[attachment=4174]

Stefaan in his B763.
[attachment=4175]

Vic came as last and departed first, followed by Dave.
[attachment=4176]
[attachment=4177]

Then Stefaan departed and I went for the 'red lantern'.
Here you barely can see Stefaan's aircraft climbing out following the BUUCK1 departure with HALBI transition.
[attachment=4178]

The flight itself was uneventful although there were some smaller thunderstorms somewhere around the Florida coast, but we never got caught by them. But we could see some very nice cloud formations...
[attachment=4179]

After nearly one and a half hour I was able to see Stefaan again and was also able to overtake him later on.
[attachment=4180]
[attachment=4181]
[attachment=4182]
[attachment=4183]

Not only near the Florida coast there were thunderstorms, but near Richmond as well.
[attachment=4184]

Passing Patuxent River at 1906Z.
[attachment=4185]

According to the approach chart (PHLBO2) we had to pass PEEDS intersection at a maximum of FL230. Our FMC missed this information and I had to set the altitude constraints manually, which results in a steep descend after passing PXT.
[attachment=4186]

Passing Philadelphia.
[attachment=4187]
[attachment=4188]
[attachment=4189]

Stefaan is passing STEFE intersection.
[attachment=4190]

Configuring the aircraft for approach...
[attachment=4191]

Final to RWY 22R. I think Vic landed on runway 22L, and Stefaan approached to taxiway Papa!!!RtfmRofl
Taxiway is located between runways 22L and 22R and can be clearly seen in the following picture.
[attachment=4192]

Short final:
[attachment=4193]

Dave is landing and during taxi in he made a 'little' mistake, which resulted in his aircraft shooting into the sky like a rocket.Rofl
[attachment=4194]

Stefaan and Vic:
[attachment=4195]
[attachment=4196]

Dave somehow made it as well, but don't ask us how. Biggrin
[attachment=4197]

Next week we will continue to Goose Bay. Hope to see you again.
Some of my screenshots of this session

Preparing for departure from Freeport.
[attachment=4198]

[attachment=4199]

[attachment=4200]

Take off from RW06, Christian is lining up...
[attachment=4201]

and a while later Christian is also airborne
[attachment=4202]

Dave slightly above me near Palm Beach
[attachment=4203]

Near the halfway point of the flight Christian overtook me
[attachment=4204]

[attachment=4205]

On the PHLBO2 arrival into Newark
[attachment=4206]

We were laughing quite a bit about the fact that Vic was going for RW22L, Christian for RW22R..... So I had to go for the middle right ?
.... That happened to be taxiway P :-)
Then it got time to put the my money were my mouth was..... at about 2000 ft, Otto off and Papa it would be...
[attachment=4207]

And it even appeared to be a greaser, Vic meanwhile taxiing to the Fedex apron
[attachment=4208]

Christian coming in to land on RW22R, and shortly thereafter Dave with a bit of an special performance style
[attachment=4209]

[attachment=4210]

See you back next week !
Hi Stefaan,

Very nice pictures that you took and the landing really looks nice. Rofl
I think you can download a model for the YAL here: http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=43727