Tradewind Forums

Full Version: TAA9906 KDFW-KSFO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

We had been assigned to fly the Dallas Cowboys from Dallas-Fort Worth to San Francisco.
After we had been briefed for the flight and also received the flightplan [attachment=4274] we went to the aircraft. It was parked at the gate and was serviced at the time of our arrival by the catering crew, cleaning staff and also was refueled.
[attachment=4247]
[attachment=4248]

Shortly after I did the walk around service was done and we were ready for boarding.
[attachment=4249]
[attachment=4250]

Nevertheless we had a short delay as the Cowboys got stuck in a traffic jam obviously. We had a scheduled departure of 1710Z, but it was not before 1727Z until we were ready to push back.
[attachment=4251]

Soon we are ready to taxi. We just have to wait for engine #1 to complete the start-up.
[attachment=4252]

Obviously we are not alone at DFW...
[attachment=4253]

Entering runway 17R via EF.
[attachment=4254]
[attachment=4255]

At 1740Z we were finally airborne.
[attachment=4256]
[attachment=4257]
[attachment=4258]

Flying a bit around Fort Worth on the SLOTT2(3) departure.
[attachment=4259]
[attachment=4260]

Wow, after being airborne for almost an hour, we had finished our transition to Tucumcari (TCC VOR). BTW we have already gained 6 minutes on the flightplan...
[attachment=4261]

Cruise flight was uneventful, if we disregard server errors for Active Sky Ashamed
So it happened that after a flying time of 2:46 we started our descend on the Modesto3 arrival with transition via Coaldale (OAL VOR).
[attachment=4262]

A little bit of VFR traffic around us.
[attachment=4263]

Turning inbound via MEHTA intersection for an ILS approach to RWY 28R.
[attachment=4264]

Passing Moffet Field.
[attachment=4265]

Well, if you pay attention to the next picture you will discover something:
[attachment=4266]

Yes! there in the background to the right of our aircraft is SFO airport. We had to go around due to a blocked runway by an aircraft taxiing in. Rofl Very good work by MS ATC Biggrin

OK, we 'requested' the scenic tour around for the next attempt and got cleared for it.
Golden Gate Bridge ahead.
[attachment=4267]

Alcatraz to the right below us.
[attachment=4268]

Then after we had completed the 'round' we found the aircraft still blocked resulting in some very harmful action: I deleted all traffic that was taxiing in. Well, runway was free then. Dance

Taxi in to gate F82.
[attachment=4269]
[attachment=4270]
[attachment=4271]

On blocks and everything went very fast: jet bridge connected, high loaders arrived and the passengers could leave the aircraft.
[attachment=4272]
[attachment=4273]

Now only the Cowboys have to wind their game and we all will be happy.
Unfortunately due to the go-around our flying time was 3:24 where it could have been 15 minutes less. Block to block time was 3:41 and we had used 17.3 tons of fuel where it only should have been 15.0 tons (without go-around). But we also easily could have made it to our alternate: Oakland, just across the Bay.

Have a good time.
Hi CB,
Very nice report and great pictures. Thanks for sharing!!
Very nice report Christian !
Thank you guys.

I am thinking about one thing right now. Why don't I receive e-mails that someone has replied to this thread? Now it is too late and I will look further into it tomorrow.

Very nice pictures Christian - the Alaska scheme looks great on the B767

Steve
(09-21-2011, 01:39 PM)Gatwicksteve Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice pictures Christian - the Alaska scheme looks great on the B767

Steve

Thanks Steve.
Indeed the Tradewind Alaska scheme really looks great on the 767 and with the new winglets the 767 also looks a little bit more 'sexy'. Heart