Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP Leg070 X6CY-EGAE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

It was a nice flight yesterday, although only Dave was joining again. The weather was not so good as it was very windy and low clouds and rain later on...
But we made the best out of it.
First I will start with the map of the route:
[attachment=4429]

Pär's advise to use an aircraft capable of flying with an airspeed of 250-300 KIAS was very good. The flights have the potential to increase flying time by at least one hour if you use slower aircrafts...

OK, we departed Colonsay in heavy crosswind blowing with nearly 28 knots. I doubt that this was a legal takeoff for the FW190D9, but i managed to get airborne. Biggrin
[attachment=4430]

Seven minutes later I was already on approach to Islay (EGPI).
[attachment=4431]

Campbeltown (EGEC) was only an overhead.
[attachment=4432]

Finals for Prestwick (EGPK).
[attachment=4433]

Dave was following the leader:
[attachment=4434]

Only eight minutes later we arrived at Glasgow (EGPF) and performed our touch and goes there...
[attachment=4435]

Some weather impressions enroute:
[attachment=4436]
[attachment=4437]

Passing Scone (EGPT)
[attachment=4438]

Then I made a full stop at RAF Leuchars (EGQL), saved the situation, ended FS9 before the OOM-crash and resumed the flight a couple of minutes later on. I also took the opportunity to top off my fuel to be able to continue to our final destination for today.
Dave has just landed whilst I was taxiing to the ramp.
[attachment=4439]

After restart we are ready to go again.
[attachment=4440]
[attachment=4441]

Next airport for another touch and go was Edinburgh (EGPH):
[attachment=4442]

About 20 minutes later we arrived at Newcastle (EGNT) and right now I am on base, turning to final.
[attachment=4443]

And off again.
[attachment=4444]

Newcastle in the background.
[attachment=4445]

Carlisle (EGNC) in the background:
[attachment=4446]

Gear up at Carlisle:
[attachment=4447]

Flying over the Irish Sea.
[attachment=4448]

Passing over Baldoon (UK09):
[attachment=4449]

Three minutes later we crossed West Freugh (EGOY). Two more waypoints and we will arrive at Eglinton...
[attachment=4450]

Low clouds and low visibility during approach to runway 26, which is lighted:
[attachment=4451]

Dave is taxiing in:
[attachment=4452]

And here we are now.
[attachment=4453]

Hopefully next week there will be some more pilots joining. It is possible that Dave will not be able to join. If there won't show up other pilots I will set a break for several weeks until we will continue. After next weekend I have already initiated a break for two weeks due to other things during the weekends on my end...

Hope to see you again soon!!!
Nice screenshots Christian.
I was home late from a meeting at the Observatory, so I couldn't join.
and for the next four weeks until nov 19th (incl) I can't join either due to other obligations (one of them the FS meeting in Lelystad :-) )

Nice shots CB!
(10-24-2011, 04:28 AM)Snowboss Wrote: [ -> ]Nice shots CB!

Thank you, Sandy.