Tradewind Forums

Full Version: MP LEg 075 EGBS-EGFA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday we had another MP Session flying from Shobdon (EGSB) to Aberporth (EGFA). But since you know us, we don't fly there in a direct line. We like the zig zag routings. Biggrin
[attachment=4658]

Here we are all at Shobdon ready to go.
[attachment=4659]

And soon after departure we arrived at Shawbury AB for our first touch and go.
[attachment=4660]

Pär is also around there...
[attachment=4661]

Later on we passed Birmingham:
[attachment=4662]

Before the MP Session took place I took the opportunity and did a small ground scenery based on pictures from GE from Bruntingthorpe. Unfortunately MS didn't place the runway according to its real position. So I had to take a picture without depicting the real runway.Cray
[attachment=4663]

Five minutes later we performed our touch and goes at Leicester (EGBG)
[attachment=4664]

Passing over the VOR at Wittering with the airbase in the background.
[attachment=4665]

Then something very weird happened for me. I was passing Mildenhall AB (EGUN) and as I looked out I saw tis picture:
[attachment=4666]

I set up for an approach flying the downwind leg to the runway you can see here. Then a few moments later I think it was Stefaan who announced being on short final for runway 29 at Mildenhall. It appeared that I was already on approach to Lakenheath AB (EGUL). I missed Mildenhall. Ashamed
Nevertheless here is another picture of Lakenheath. Maybe the 'Liberty Wing' seems to be out for another mission...
[attachment=4667]

Passing by at Crowfield (EGSO) trying to catch up with the guys.
[attachment=4668]

After a flying time of 1:24 I was passing RAF Wattisham (EGUW).
[attachment=4669]

A quick touch and go at Cambridge.
[attachment=4670]

In these dark textures some of the grass runways are very difficult to find. A VASI comes very handy in some cases like here in Sywell (EGBK):
[attachment=4671]

Climbing a little bit higher for the long leg to Aberporth. Pär in front of me.
[attachment=4672]

Here we are at Aberporth. I had to go around once as I heavily bounced on landing. As I came back for landing the second time Stefaan also was on approach - from the opposite direction. I thought I had some more time to land and leave the runway, but after landing my aircraft drifted a little bit to the right and with the engine blocking my view directly in front of me I couldn't see anything in front of me. Then suddenly Stefaan passed me on the left. I was really surprised! But it was fun.

Here we are parked after the Session.
[attachment=4673]
[attachment=4674]

OK guys, I hope you had a little bit of fun. The next Session will either in two or three weeks, depends on participants.

Have fun...
Some of my screenshots of this session

Arriving at Mildenhall, EGUN.
Been a long time since I was here, but somewhere around '97/'98 of the previous century :-) I started the London-Melbourne race here in our TCA DC3, a tour based on the real world adventure;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacRobertson_Air_Race
I got this idea after watching the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098812/

This was really a great adventure in FS those days....
Here you have two screenshots of the newspage of TCA at the time.... Luckily I printed them out and kept them... just for O'le time sake :-)

[attachment=4683]

[attachment=4684]

Now back to yesterdays MP

Final approach to Mildenhall
[attachment=4675]

and away we are...
[attachment=4676]

Setting up for approach to Cambridge
[attachment=4677]

and the rest of the MPGang coming in behind me
[attachment=4678]

Leaving Cambridge, a fantastic view on King's College Chapel.
[attachment=4679]

[attachment=4680]

in reality;
[attachment=4685]

Near Worcester, famous for the sauce, the sun came back into play
[attachment=4681]

And final approach to Aberporth EGFA, notice Christian coming in from the other side....
We got different wind conditions hence...
but we manage to handle those situations well... think we could start a 'Daring flying circus' :-)
[attachment=4682]

Hi Stefaan.

Very nice pictures and the story of your world tour is a also very interesting. Maybe we should repeat it one day...

The final approach didn't look so close to me until I saw you on my left hand side.Rofl
Christian,
I was there yesterday but it was a bit late for me.
I took off from EGSB around 1700Z and when landed in Shawbury I saw Par in Servinfo joining which was around 1715/1725Z (?)
Maybe next time I'll try to join at least 2 or 3 t/g.........Indifferent

(01-15-2012, 05:11 PM)Hash Wrote: [ -> ]Christian,
I was there yesterday but it was a bit late for me.
I took off from EGSB around 1700Z and when landed in Shawbury I saw Par in Servinfo joining which was around 1715/1725Z (?)
Maybe next time I'll try to join at least 2 or 3 t/g.........Indifferent

Hi Hashry,

Yes I saw you on ServInfo, but just for a short time and you obviously never showed up on Teamspeak. It would be nice to have you back - even if you will not be able to join the whole session. Clapping
(01-15-2012, 04:48 PM)CBreuer Wrote: [ -> ]....the story of your world tour is a also very interesting. Maybe we should repeat it one day...

That sounds like a plan Christian!
I still have an old book from the '50's that describes the route... will see if I can dig it up

Hi Christian & Stefaan, nice sreenshots!
Thanks Sandy Popcorm2
Hi,
I found the attcached in my files.
If you are interested to the flight please review the attached complete manual.

Hi,
I found the attached[attachment=4686] in my files.
If you are interested to the flight please review the attached complete manual.

[/quote]

Forgot to attached the manual