Tradewind Forums

Full Version: FTX Australia journey 05 - YMML YMLT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The fifth leg of this journey is split in two parts, first one using the Cessna 206 from Melbourne to Avalon doing some touch and go's along the route.
The second part takes me from Avalon to Launceston, Tasmania; and having to cross quite a bit of water I opted to switch to the Cessna 441 Conquest for this second part... gives me the ease of mind with two engines aboard :-)

Overview of the trip:
[attachment=4838]

Under a mild rain, taxiing to RW16 and leaving Melbourne behind.
[attachment=4839]

[attachment=4840]

[attachment=4841]

Immediately after take off we had to set up for our first TG at Essendon YMEN.
[attachment=4842]

[attachment=4843]

[attachment=4844]

Then we set course to Lilydale YLIL, a small airport only 22nm to the east located behind those hills
[attachment=4845]

... and there it is, turning downwind
[attachment=4846]

and off again
[attachment=4847]

Next destination is Avalon YMAV and we're lucky to pass the Melbourne city center along the way.
Pretty near the Albert Park region where the Australian F1 GP takes place.
[attachment=4848]

We arrive at Avalon nearly on a base leg for RW18 which was OK considering the wind conditions
[attachment=4849]

[attachment=4850]

... and in no time we were taxiing to the apron
[attachment=4851]

While approaching the apron I noticed the guy in the white worksuit waving at me so I decided to get on over there.
I'm going to let him do some check's on my C206 while I'll move over to the Conquest for the last leg
[attachment=4852]

[attachment=4853]

... and there's our thrusty Conquest sitting at the GA apron, the aircraft that I took along quite a lot of MPSessions in the past
[attachment=4854]

Got it fired up and we're leaving, again by RW18, and setting course to the final destination, Launceston, Tasmania
[attachment=4855]

[attachment=4856]

Cruising at 15.000 ft to avoid the clouds enroute
[attachment=4857]

After about 45 minutes of cruising we arrived over the island while descending to 1.500 ft
[attachment=4858]

In the distance we can already notice the airport
[attachment=4859]

and further approach and landing went smooth, with a little bit of crosswind
[attachment=4860]

[attachment=4861]

[attachment=4862]

OK, time to grab a bite in the Tasmanian Aero Club.
[attachment=4863]

[attachment=4864]

Now let's see if we can find some of those Tasmanian devils before we head on over to New Zealands South Island

Total block to block time: 2 hours 05 minutes

Flown using:
Microsoft Flight simulator X
Carenado Cessna 206
Flight1 Cessna Conquest 441
Active Sky 2012 for weather
Scenery: FTX/Orbx AU + YMML, YMEN, YLIL, YMAV and YMLT
Hi Stefaan,

Once more a very impressive report with a lot of great pictures. I think one can see the difference between these ORBX sceneries and default sceneries. It's like day and night...Biggrin
(03-03-2012, 04:37 PM)CBreuer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Stefaan,

Once more a very impressive report with a lot of great pictures.

Thanks Christian.
See you in a bit for MP Dance3

(03-03-2012, 05:17 PM)TCA2050 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Christian.
See you in a bit for MP Dance3

Yeah, I still have to find another nice aircraft as I flipped over my 'Priller' last weekCrayCray
Superb pics again Stefaan - the ORBX sceneries are just great! I look forward to you reaching NZ!

Steve:)
Superb pics again Stefaan - the ORBX sceneries are just great! I look forward to you reaching NZ!

Steve:)