Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Already 10 years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, is it already 10 years later that I joined TCA on June 13th, 2002? Yes it is! Oh boy what time flew by these years. I hardly can remember my time starting flying with TCA - mainly flying really in the Caribbean before starting to take off for some destinations really far away...

Maybe in remembrance of these days I have started flying in the Caribbean again. Well, now that I have an aircraft with which I am able to do so with a great amount of realism when it comes down to systems.
I flew the B737-400 for TCA in 2002 and 2003 on 10 flights logging about 34 flight hours. Now as I can call the iFly B737NG my own I already did 37 flights (although I did some flights for TCA Alaska as well) with logging over 91 flight hours in less than two months! I really do like the B737NG and I start to explore the Caribbean again somehow. Well adding very good sceneries really helps sometimes. Biggrin
Good sceneries can be found for nearly every major airport in the Caribbean nowadays. Well, most sceneries that are really good is payware, but it is worth the money I must say.

I somehow always loved to fly long haul, as it gave me time to do other things beside the flight simulator and I still love making them, but now as my real world work schedule has changed I can only fly on afternoons and then I have to make my mind what exactly I want to fly. I haven't found many flights that match my requirements for the ability to connect my payware sceneries, so I will make up my own charter flights, which is really not a problem. Some days ago I really was surprised to see me landing at Piarco and have to find out that no original flight seems to originate from here except for some previous Mail Dispatch flights. That's a shame Ashamed Maybe it really is time to revise our schedules a little bit.

Not only that i make the majority of my flights off-line, I also make some flights on-line with the other guys at TCA. I think I joined those flights about 7 or 8 years ago and I still have fun making them although Pär is giving us a hard time with all his zig zag routes across Europe these days.
At the beginning of these flights for me I still remember me being a little shy as you guys already knew each other for quite some time, but I made my way and now I am the host of all these flights. But all of this would not have been possible with the major, really major, help of Pär Bensered. I think he must be more than over ten years with TCA now, but had a little time out for nearly two years, before he found his way back to his 'old' buddies.
That brings me to another aspect of TCA: Friendship. I think for some of us this kind of friendship is all of that what some of us still do remember, although it is quite quiet on the forums except for only a few of us posting here and over the 'old' Yahoogroups platform.
But I am certain that many of the beginners might be lurking behind the curtain and see what is going on. Maybe it is now time to chime in again and say hello to the guys.

OK, I think that's enough for now and now off to the next TEN YEARSYahoo

All the best to all of my friends here at TCA!
Time sure flies Christian.
I still remember me joining TCA somewhere in '94 and like you say, friendship is something that really comes out of it.
The meetings we have at Flight Simulator weekends, but even more; the Multiplayer events are something to look out for.

And to all of you that haven't tried it out before, don't be shy, we definitely don't bite.
It's always in a relaxed and friendly way without the constrains, rules, regulations and so on.... that we often find at other traffic control instances.
Those are due in their own right for simulating reallity, but a nice relaxed and friendly session flying through ravines, over mountains and following rivers while having a nice chat along the way is a great way to fly online !

I don't remember the exact year, but I too joined TCA in the mid 1990's. One of the best decisions I ever made. TCA was the first virtual airline I joined and is in my opinion, the best out there. Laid back, easy going members, and a great area to fly.

I don't remember the exact year, but I too joined TCA in the mid 1990's. One of the best decisions I ever made. TCA was the first virtual airline I joined and is in my opinion, the best out there. Laid back, easy going members, and a great area to fly.
Hello Christian,

A very Happy 10th Anniversary! And, we can't let it pass by without noting all the things you have done for the airline over that time - the Cargo Charters, F1, the MP Sessions and much more! Thank you.

As you mentioned, the friendships we develop are the best part. Again, Happy Anniversary, and best wishes for many, many, many more years!

Best regards,

Vic
TA2613
Thank you guys for your kind comments. They are very much appreciated.