Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Test flight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

after some problems with FSX I decided to make a full new install of it and try to get rid of some of the problems including some very strong stutters.
I followed these instructions here: click
And it really helped!

I also now use higher resolution textures for REX Essential.
On Saturday I made a small test flight out of Biarritz in France. In the beginning it looked really promising, but after I had edited some settings from the menu bar the texture_max_load entry was again set to the default value of 1024 instead of my setting of 4096. Soon thereafter I got graphics errors and had to shut FSX down.
But before that happened I was able to take two screen shots with my parked F-15E on the ramp at Biarritz. It was raining and the apron really got soaked Biggrin
[Image: Test_01a_16-51-05.jpg]

[Image: Test_02a_16-51-53.jpg]

The following day I did a test flight using the Leg 93 flightplan and flew to Barcelona.
After some time into the flight:
[Image: Test_03a_12-03-46.jpg]

Approaching Salvaza:
[Image: Test_04a_12-50-02.jpg]

After the touch and go I climbed out using full AB Biggrin
[Image: Test_05a_12-51-23.jpg]

Somewhere over the Mediterranean Sea near Perpignan:
[Image: Test_06a_13-01-12.jpg]

Preparing for the downwind approach to runway 33 at Rivesaltes.
[Image: Test_07a_13-04-15.jpg]

And on short final to Rivesaltes:
[Image: Test_08a_13-12-41.jpg]

[Image: Test_09a_13-13-05.jpg]

And up I go again:
[Image: Test_10a_13-13-39.jpg]

12 minutes later I was already climbing out of Girona on full burner once more:
[Image: Test_11a_13-24-14.jpg]

[Image: Test_12a_13-24-21.jpg]

And finally on final to Barcelona.
[Image: Test_13a_13-33-46.jpg]

Although the frams were a bit low now close to LEBL as I use the Aerosoft scenery it still was flyable. Now I only need to know whether some of the textures on the runway are a bug or a feature...

Enjoy the time as MP Sessions are on a halt for quite some time now so I expect them to resume in January the earliest. Maybe there will the one or other ad-hog MP-Session, but that is not certain Biggrin
(11-11-2012, 01:46 PM)RedBaron Wrote: [ -> ]Now I only need to know whether some of the textures on the runway are a bug or a feature...

Well, looking at the picture on Google Earth it reveals that this in fact is a feature and not a bug, but it does look strange though. Rofl
Great shots Christian, they look ZUUUPPPEEERRRR!!!!! :-) especially with burner

Checkin'out we might definitely find a way to do a non-official MP, we'll see.
That F15 seems to be very popular with Tradewind pilots!

Lovely shotsThumbup

SteveAv-31
(11-17-2012, 04:20 PM)Gatwicksteve Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely shotsThumbup

Thank you Steve. It is really a nice aircraft to fly and much more performance than the F/A-18E Biggrin