Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Bad news....and Good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

The bad news is that my FSX (with all of it's add-ons) has finally given up the struggleCray

Constant screen freezes had set in, to the extent that it became unflyable. I tried everything, down to a complete uninstall, but as a new PC was really becoming overdue I decided not to reinstall to my old PC when I would potentially have to repeat the process soon anyway.

The good news is that I have ordered a brand new custom PC which is specifically designed for running Flight Sims, which should be up and running within a week or soDance4

I'll catch up with my assigned flights as soon as I can, but for now I'll just have to look forward to several days of software installation to get back to where I wasConfused

I'll keep you all up to speed when I can.....

Steve
Good luck Steve!
All the reinstall work is the hardest part, once you're system is running you'll be enjoying the blue yonder again ;-)
Well Steve,

From the look of all of your really great pictures that you shared with us I can't imagine that your system is so much outdated that you now ran into serious problems. Maybe it is somehow driver related?
On the other hand, going on with a new system if the other one has done a great job so far and has its age might be a good decision.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to your next great screenshots again.
Thanks guys...

New PC should be here next week!Dance4

Christian, I tried drivers, deleting and rebuilding fsx config file, all to no avail. I changed the sound setup, visual settings etc. but nothing worked!Ashamed Although my current PC is only 3 years old, I'm looking forward to running FSX without stuttering when complex clouds and sceneries are in use! Plus the new hardware is half the size physically and I might be moving to a new location later this year so portability is a must...

SteveThumbup
Thanks for the information, Steve.

Good luck!Thumbup
OK, the latest update....

New PC has arrived and is up and runningDance4

I'm now going through the process of installing FSX, plus some of the addons ( I had way too many before so I'm trying to keep to a sensible level this time and limit myself a little bit. I'll be installing most of my helicopters, a few GA types, a couple of warbirds and some fast jets. I've had a good think about others and decided I can live without modern airliners (but some of the classics will make the grade) Scenery will go on too, VFR Uk, Channel Islands, Caribbean, Vietnam, ORBX will all make it, but they'll all have to go on the bigger hard drive not the SSD.

Which all leads me to a question....

Can I fly shorter (distance) flights each month using Helos or GA types to replace the assigned flights to suit the types I have ( I'll still be using TCA liveries naturally)?

Also, is there a Tradewind Alaske route network I can use to select flights?

I've missed my flying, but hopefully in a day or two I'll be back online and the fun can continue...and the screenshots will returnThumbup

SteveAv-31