Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Impression of Taxi2Gate MUHA scenery in X-Plane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've converted my T2G MUHA, Havana, Jose Marti Intl. scenery from FSX for use with X-Plane.

For this I used the tool FS2XP but this just gives a basic conversion which needs quite a bit of tweaking to be fully to ones liking ;-)

So some of the steps I did after conversion were:
- adding exclusion zones
- adjusting aiport lighting in general
- adjusting taxi and runway lighting
- adding statics and elements to bring it more to life
- updating the vegetation
- ..... and some more tweaking
All this was done using WED (World Editor, comes with XPlane) and Overlay Editor.

Here are some shots under different lighting conditons showing the final result. However I might finetune it a bit more when time permits... first I'll focus a bit on flying in and out of there Icon_wink

[attachment=6072]

[attachment=6073]

[attachment=6074]

[attachment=6075]

[attachment=6076]

[attachment=6077]

[attachment=6078]

[attachment=6079]

[attachment=6080]

[attachment=6081]

[attachment=6082]

[attachment=6083]

[attachment=6084]

X-Plane 10.45
HD Mesh
World2xplane > Americas
Statics, vegetation and other elements were added using libraries made available for the X-Plane community @ http://www.x-plane.org/

By means of comparison, 2 shots of the basic out of the box conversion before any tweaking was done:

[attachment=6085]

[attachment=6086]

No doubt you'll notice that it looked pretty dark at night... one could easily loose your way there :-)
Stefaan, this looks fantastic. I hope you can enjoy 'your' scenery for lots of flying in and out of there. Job well done Icon_idea
Looking good Stefaan. Most all freeware and payware scenery is to dark around the gate areas and that is not like real life. Icon_idea