Tradewind Forums

Full Version: Old and Slow with TDM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wanted to post a screenshot.  Here as an attachment.  Finally got the TDM DC-3 up in the air on my home-office PC in FS4. Thanks Jack, it still looks good and flys great.  Taxis like a goat, but I am usually happy to get it stopped on a runway.  Can;t see over the nose anywhere..I know, I know, there is some combination of keystrokes that puts a pillow under you on the seat.  But I fly on the keyboard and there is a zillion combinations of such strokes.  I am happy enough with 9, 3, 4, and 6 with a g and F8 thrown in to slow enough to land. 

Since I'm now locked in I've decided to return to FSimming.  I started this sometime in the 1970s with SubLogic on a Tandy 90 with a LCD screen 6lines high and 26or so characters wide, so FS4 seemed like real life back in the 1990s when I moved to Switzerland and substituted working for sailing in the Caribbean.  Rainer's Tradewinds was just what I needed to unwind  after a long day in banking. 

I was happy to find some old friends on this site and want to thank Christian especially for helping me get started again.  Sorry to learn of Oso and John Martin's demise but have been inspired by Steffan;s Screenshots and happy to see the Snowboss still busy.  I am downloading a lot of his old repaints and busy trying to remember how to put them together. I have ordered a new 'gaming' computer to be ready for the new Microsoft FS when it comes out.  But I'm finding enough to do with 'the Century of Flight' to keep me pretty busy.  I've tried about six times to finish Amelia's flight around the world.  I never seem to do any better than she and Fred in finding Howland Island.  No GPS back then...I like to keep it that way. 

My Best to all   Will Gasser, locked away on the side of a mountain near Zurich[attachment=7077]
Great to see you're getting back into simming Will, Welcome back!!
Looking forward to see more of your adventures.