Tradewind Forums
FS9 help needed.after computer crash - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: How to - Where to ? (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: FS9 help needed.after computer crash (/showthread.php?tid=103)

FS9 help needed.after computer crash - dowop - 08-19-2008

Hey All! I recently had a major hard drive crash...dead..kaput!!
Fortunately, I had most all backed up (1100 planes, etc...) Well, got me a new HD and have to start rebuilding again...most all is back up, but, when I go to the display page on the settings there are no screen resolutions available. It does not reconise by vid card (nvidia 6600gt) and full screen is not available!
Am I wearing my glasses on my forehead? Am I missing something simple? I have installed a few different sets of drivers to no avail...dang it!

Any ideas? Help is appreciated.

Thanks all, Don "dowop" Loy

RE: FS9 help needed.after computer crash - CBreuer - 08-20-2008

Hi Don,

dowop Wrote:Hey All! I recently had a major hard drive crash...dead..kaput!!
Fortunately, I had most all backed up (1100 planes, etc...) Well, got me a new HD and have to start rebuilding again...most all is back up, but, when I go to the display page on the settings there are no screen resolutions available. It does not reconise by vid card (nvidia 6600gt) and full screen is not available!
Am I wearing my glasses on my forehead? Am I missing something simple? I have installed a few different sets of drivers to no avail...dang it!

have you tried to delete your FS9.cfg and then uninstalled every video cards driver, reboot your computer and make a clean install of your video driver and then start FS9?

I hope you now where to find your FS9.cfg file, because I am running on a German XP Version.

That's all I can offer you for the moment

RE: FS9 help needed.after computer crash - dowop - 08-20-2008

CBreuer Wrote:Hi Don,

dowop Wrote:Hey All! I recently had a major hard drive crash...dead..kaput!!

have you tried to delete your FS9.cfg and then uninstalled every video cards driver, reboot your computer and make a clean install of your video driver and then start FS9?

I hope you now where to find your FS9.cfg file, because I am running on a German XP Version.

That's all I can offer you for the moment

Hey, Christian...I'll sure give it a try.Thanks!!!

Don "dowop" Loy