Tradewind Forums
MP013 MHRO-MMUN - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP013 MHRO-MMUN (/showthread.php?tid=285)

MP013 MHRO-MMUN - CBreuer - 05-30-2010

Again we had a very nice flight yesterday from Roatan to Cancun. The flight lasted for nearly 3 hours, but it was nice flying anyhow. Good luck we are almost all were flying rather fast aircrafts. Vic was flying the Duke, Pär the Kodiak, Stefaan the Conquest and I flew the B200 once more. Biggrin

During this flight I was struggling with the autopilot of the Super King Air as it had its own mind. I was not able to follow the GPS route and so I flew the first leg to MHLC by hand and therefore followed Stefaan as first.

Stefaan approached to MHLC before me and I followed behind. We all made approaches to RWY 24.

Then I was able to make use of the autopilot again, but I had to follow a heading with bearing in mind that I had to select a heading with an offset of 90 (ninety) degrees! Dash2

Nevertheless from MHLC we headed to MHTE and Stefaan was not able to locate the runway. I also had problems finding it and so I opened AFCAD2 and saw the relative position of the runway and flew into that direction and then I found the runway, but was not able to make an approach to it as the B200 has not very good STOL capabilities:

A helicopter would be my first choice for an approach to this airfield. Biggrin

Then again we flew some time over water to reach the next intersection.

We also encountered different weather scenarios along the flight with different visibility and sometimes with clouds reaching down to the surface. All in all the weather was quite impressive.

Then after three hours of flying time we arrived at Cancun and I landed with a greaser, but unfortunately I missed the first exit as I 'forgot' to hit the brakes and also didn't make use of the prop reverse.

So taxi time was a little bit longer to get to the ramp to join Stefaan, who arrived as first. Vic stepped out sometime earlier and so only Pär was with us, but had had problems with teamspeak, or his sound card or something like this.

Ok, I hope you all had some fun and I also hope that Pär is able to solve his problems with his computer and finds some time as well to get the next flights ready before next weekend. I will keep you posted whether there will be a flight next weekend or not. But nevertheless Pär, take your time!

RE: MP 013 MHRO-MMUN - TCA2050 - 05-30-2010

Nice pictures Christian, and indeed a long but interesting flight with some challenging approaches Clapping

Some of my pics here:
Approach to RWY 24 at MHLC, I was high but managed touch anyway.... and on to the next destination..

Leaving Puerto Barrios (MGPB) while Vic, Christian and Par were doing there T/G

Enroute to Belize, Vic alongside..

Belize, just did my T/G after Vic, while Christian is lining up and Par is buzzing by...

Arrived in Mexico, first T/G at Chetumal (MMCM)

next T/G at Cozumel (MMCZ)

On final to the destination of this MP session, Cancun (MMUN)

Christian taxiing in with his B200...

And Par arrived also in his Kodiak...

All shut down... let's see if we can get some entertainment in Cancun before we depart here next saturday (if Par get's the plans ready) Biggrin

See you next week !

RE: MP 013 MHRO-MMUN - CBreuer - 05-30-2010

TCA2050 Wrote:(if Par get's the plans ready)

He has finally sent them over to me. So it is on me to update everything. Bye

RE: MP 013 MHRO-MMUN - BigSwede - 05-30-2010

Nice pictures, and here are mine.

After Dep. MHRO - Roatan Intl. some good comany formation

Overview of the first T/G at MHTE - Tele

I will do my T/G outside the RWY

LOL, I think Vic will have some problem with all the trees, so I skip the T/G at MGPB - Puerto Barrios

This was much better scenery for a T/G at MZBZ - Phillip S.W. Goldson Intl.

Best to wait for a T/G and keep clear for that ship visiting MMCM - Chetumal Intl.

O/H MMCZ - Cozumel Intl.

Our Final Arr at MMUN - Cancun at sight

I MUST HIT the BREAK before coming outside the RWY (LOL, typical me)

At last, save and parked with the guys

RE: MP 013 MHRO-MMUN - CBreuer - 05-30-2010

Hi Pär.

Nice pictures of you and thank you for the new files. I have uploaded them already, so that we can continue next weekend.

RE: MP 013 MHRO-MMUN - TCA2613 - 05-30-2010

Hello Pär, Christian, and Stefaan,

Thank you for the photographs - it was a great MP session with wonderful scenery, and an excellent flight plan! We always have great fun during these sessions.

Looking forward to next Saturday.

Best regards,

Vic TCA_2613

CBreuer Wrote:Hi Pär.

Nice pictures of you and thank you for the new files. I have uploaded them already, so that we can continue next weekend.