Tradewind Forums
MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA (/showthread.php?tid=294)

MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - BigSwede - 06-13-2010

Here are some pic from our Leg015 session

Dep. from KNQX - Key West for the begining of a 7 leg around the West Coast of US

On my way to KMTH - Florida Key Marathon you cane see the long bridge between the small islands (I forget whats the name of this road was, but Vic told us. Humm senior moments LOL)

T/G at KMTH

Final Stop outside KMIA - Miami Intl.

See U Guys next week
Pär

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - TCA2050 - 06-13-2010

Nice shots Par, was a great trip for sightseeing.

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - TCA2050 - 06-13-2010

Some of my screenshots
Getting ready to leave Cayo Coco

About to overfly Key West NAS, Vic has already parked his fast ERJ jet.

Christian coming in at Key West RWY07

Overflying Mooney Harbor, Christian is doing his T/G

Enroute to Marathon, bridges connecting the islands

Miami here we come!
It doesn't happen every day one get's the opportunity to overfly a crowded airport...
Setting up for a landing at RWY 09.

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - CBreuer - 06-13-2010

Ok, as almost everything is said, here are my pictures, which I took during this MP Session. The first leg from MUCC to KNQX was flown in the B200 again and at Key West NAS I switched to the Quest Kodiak...

Unfortunately it is time to leave this beautiful scenery of Jardines Del Rey Airport, but we surely will see more beautiful sceneries along our trip today.

It was my intention to let Vic pass by us at this spot and Stefaan took the opposite position, but Vic needed too long to get his bird going.Biggrin
But we had to wait anyhow for Pär's departure.

Thereafter I took off followed by Stefaan and later on by Vic, who overtook us real soon and arrived at Key West as Number One... Confused

For the first leg we climbed to FL220 for the flight to KNQX. The B200 is not such a good climber compared to Stefaan's Conquest and during cruise I had to throttle back to not let the ITT get too high Cray

Then I came up to Key West NAS at a too high altitude, so I really had to throttle back and start a rapid descend. I think here I was passing through 17000 feet. You can see Vic already parked at the ramp and Stefaan is on short final to RWY 13, whilst I will approach to RWY 07.

Here you can see Key West Airport (KEYW) as i am turning to base, continuing to final directly, whilst still descending.

During our stay at KNQX we had a nice chat with Tom Kurtz, who tired to join us on the so called second part of the flight. Unfortunately Tom made a small 'mistake' during install of FSInn, which prevented him from adding the TCA-Servers to the list and so he dropped off again and hopefully he will be able to join us next weekend. Good luck Tom!

Ok, taxi out to RWY 13 this time for a departure to the West.

On approach to Marquesas Keys with Mooney Harbor inside.

Then after we had traveled along the Florida Keys and a touch and go at Marathon we arrived to Miami. I opted for an arrival to RWY 09 as the winds were in favor for such an approach. I am now continuously turning to final through the base leg to let Vic experience some of this wake turbulence such a big Kodiak produces. BiggrinRofl

Line up on final to RWY 09.

About to exit the runway as Vic is about to touch down.

And the final line up of the 'gang' in front of the United Cargo hangar.

Ok, that was it of one more flight in the Caribbean now we continue to move up North until we cross the US to the West to explore Alaska later on. Hopefully the latter will not happen during winter time. Lingua3Freddo2

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - TCA2613 - 06-13-2010

Hi Guys,

Great MP flight! And now I know why it was so bumpy during that final approach into Miami! LOL.

Have a good week and good luck to Tom, hope he can get things installed for next week.

Best regards,

Vic
TCA_2613

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - TCA2731 - 06-14-2010

Thanks for posting guys. Wish I could join you in a MP event, but old, slow computer prevents that. By the way, the bridge between the islands is called the "Seven Mile Bridge".
You should drive it sometimes. Beautiful.

Rick

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - CBreuer - 06-14-2010

TCA2731 Wrote:Thanks for posting guys. Wish I could join you in a MP event, but old, slow computer prevents that. By the way, the bridge between the islands is called the "Seven Mile Bridge".
You should drive it sometimes. Beautiful.

Rick

Hi Rick.

Thanks for the heads-up on the bridges name.
Too bad that your slow computer prevents you from flying on-line, but have you ever tried it?

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - TCA2731 - 06-16-2010

Christian - Yes, I tried mp flying before I had to quit. It just wasn't a go. If I neared any traffic or an airport, things would get very choppy and hard to control. Just don't have enough engine in this computer to handle all the tasks required.

RE: MPLeg015 MUCC - KMIA - CBreuer - 06-16-2010

TCA2731 Wrote:Christian - Yes, I tried mp flying before I had to quit. It just wasn't a go. If I neared any traffic or an airport, things would get very choppy and hard to control. Just don't have enough engine in this computer to handle all the tasks required.

Ok, maybe one day when you get a computer with much more power 'under the hood' then you are of course welcome to join us. Drinks