Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 027 KDLN-KSEA - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 027 KDLN-KSEA (/showthread.php?tid=331)

MP Leg 027 KDLN-KSEA - CBreuer - 09-25-2010

Hi guys, after a long time that the forum has to go off-line we are hopefully back again.
Last week we did the flight from Dillon to Seattle during the MP-Session. Let me tell you that it was a really great one and we also had some little IFR flying (I Follow RiverBiggrin)

OK, here we go: I am taxiing to the active runway whilst Pär is already airborne as he departed from a nearby lake. Stefaan was taxiing just behind me.

Then we were already en-route with Pär still in front of me and Stefaan behind me.

This is the small airfield where I did my first (unscheduled) touch and go.

Closing in again to the guys over a nicely looking terrain, where you don't want to make an emergency landingBiggrin

Over the mountains it was really cloudy and it was smart to stay above the clouds to not crash into a cloud of granite.Runandhide

One of the airfields that was hard to find inside the city Dash2

Then Stefaan and me landed at Lewiston to wait for Pär. He again had one of his FSX crashes.

After we went on we crossed a nice countryside, which offered some great views over the changing landscape.

Then it was time for another touch and go and thereafter I went around for one more time to watch Stefaan performing his touch and go.

OK, then it happened that Pär asked us if it would be a problem for us now following the river instead of going on with the ordinary routing and of course it was no problem and time went by rather fast. Pär said that we could go low over the river instead of climbing high. I wonder why Pär stayed up high over the river whilst Stefaan and me were going low. If I would have gone a few inches lower I would have submerged with my FW190Rofl

Is this the so called prop wash?

A little bit Industry along the river, which should be the Columbia River.

Staying low below the friends flying along with me...

One of the runways that will not allow any errors.Lol

Approach to an airport where the ceiling is almost down to the ground.

And again I had to climb above the clouds, which offered a nice look over Mount Rainer to my left.

There is Seattle airport and Stefaan has already arrived. I am preparing for an approach to RWY 34R.

There is Stefaan and Pär is about to land on RWY 34R as well.

OK, these are my pictures so far, which I thought would be worth to post here Thank-you

Hopefully we will be complete again today. Hope to see you.

RE: MP Leg 027 KDLN-KSEA - TCA2050 - 09-25-2010

Great pictures Christian !
My pictures of this leg, although not that many...

Map of the flight:

Arrival at Seattle after passing Mt Rainier:

See you guys back tonight Thumbup