Tradewind Forums
MP038 PAPB-PADL - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP038 PAPB-PADL (/showthread.php?tid=374)

MP038 PAPB-PADL - CBreuer - 01-08-2011

Well, after the Christmas and New Years break it was time for MP-flying again. We had another re-join with Dave OneX. Welcome back Dave!

Unfortunately I deleted the first two pictures, so I have to start with the start, aka. takeoff.Biggrin
I am lined up on RWY 29 with my FW190D11 as Pär is taxiing into position with his FW190A9.

On downwind leg at PASN, as Pär was approaching to the opposite direction according to his winds.

Aircraft cleaned up, accelerated and pull up!

Then came one of the longer legs of almost 40 minutes straight flight. The flightplan called for an altitude of 13000 feet, but I opted for 28200 feet, or 10000 meters as I have set it to metric unitsBiggrin

Contrails behind my aircraft.

Then we approached to an airport, which I couldn't find due to bad weather, but Pär almost talked me down to the runway.

And the next airport.

And one more touch and go before we were heading for the final destination, Dillingham, Alaska. NOT Hawaii On_the_quiet

After repositioning the GPS to the lower right part of the panel instead of upper left the view out of the cockpit was much better and I was able to follow the route more precisely even by hand and VERY low and VERY fast. Remember the speed is metric meaning I am going with about 550-600 km/h.

After I had landed at Dillingham with a greaser I taxied to the ramp, where Pär joined me. For some reason he arrived earlier than me although I had passed him at very high speed below and during the pass i climbed in front of him, which happened unnoticed by him, as he ran out of fuel at this time. An no! I didn't shoot him down. In fact he ran out of fuel just a the the moment as he turned to final for RWY 1 at Dillingham. Cray

But his aircraft seems to be in good shape nevertheless.

Stefaan was looking at us from the other side of the ramp.

As I was checking with the panel of the A9 version Dave arrived and before i could take a picture he already had left the session. The one picture I had of him was the first picture that got deleted.Cray

Well, I hope that next weekend we will be again so many pilots. But if all pilots join, that recently joined we could bring the number up to 7 (seven).Heart

Have a nice week.

RE: MP038 PAPB-PADL - BigSwede - 01-09-2011

We are parked at PAPB - Saint George Island, ready to start our flight.
I was very glad that Dave were joining us today after a long time away
He were in a Lockheed Electra but I see him in a L049A (LOL), he lookes like a monster behind my Focke Wulf

Our first T/G at PAMY - St. Paul

THX to Christian I did NOT run down the antena that were close to the AP (LOL)

PAMY - Mekoruk

PAPM - Platinum

PAEH - Cape Newwnham, trick airport as you cane see.

PATG - Togiak

Some terrain pictures

Final Stop at PADL - Dillingham, just ouside the RWY because I run out of fuel (LOL)

Sorry it should have been here LOL

See u next week with full tanks of fuel.

Pär

RE: MP038 PAPB-PADL - TCA2050 - 01-09-2011

Some of my screenshots of this session

But first a warm welcome back Dave! Nice to have you around.

Map of the flight

The ramp at Saint George Island, PAPB
Me, Christian, Par and Dave

Enroute to the first TG, St Pauls Island, PASN at 13000 ft.

Lot of activity over PASN

I didn't have the opportunity to take many screenshots further enroute, so here I"m already on final to RW01 at Dillingham AK

Followed by Christian

and Par, though I didn't see the landing itself.... guess he used some sort of a German built-in cloaking device ??

And Dave arrives also

See you back next week !