Tradewind Forums
TCA Conversions for FSX? - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: How to - Where to ? (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: TCA Conversions for FSX? (/showthread.php?tid=38)

TCA Conversions for FSX? - Rick Abshier - 01-01-2008

Hi, I'm new to TCA although I've been into flight simming since the early 80s and have been with a few VA's as well. I use FSX and see that there have been a few repaints of the FSX default aircraft. But, I wonder if anyone has managed to convert any aircraft from the TCA hanger to FSX?

There's such a great fleet here and I would love to be able to fly some of them. Thanks!

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - LDH74 - 03-03-2008

Hi Rick and everyone else, I just joined TCA after my previous VA closed down. Have you tried any of the TCA aircraft in FSX yet? I downloaded an older FS2004 Shorts 330 to complete my assignments this month, I don't get the livery but it allows me to complete the flights as needed with the proper aircraft. I'm thinking of giving them a shot and seeing how they work. I will post me results here as I try them.

Regards,

LDH

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - xpara - 07-18-2008

Rick Abshier Wrote:Hi, I'm new to TCA although I've been into flight simming since the early 80s and have been with a few VA's as well. I use FSX and see that there have been a few repaints of the FSX default aircraft. But, I wonder if anyone has managed to convert any aircraft from the TCA hanger to FSX?

There's such a great fleet here and I would love to be able to fly some of them. Thanks!

The BAE 146-300 QT works great in FSX except for the panel. What I did was modify the panel.cfg file to read:

[fltsim]
alias=B747_400/panel

There is a more realistic 146 panel available on www.baepanelproject.com but it's a bit cumbersome to install, it's fairly complicated (comes with a 167 page manual!) and it drags my sytem down. Hope this helps.

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - Rick Abshier - 08-01-2008

I'll check it out -thanks!

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - Rob D - 08-12-2008

I'm finding a lot of them work in FSX.

DC-8's (the F's and the Execs) work fine. But substitute the HJG panel (created for FSX compatibility) to fly them (very stable, too).

Anything by FFX/SGA/Kittyhawk/Vistaliners (basically Erick Cantu) is going to be compatible, as will most of POSky's offerings. The main thing is the panel. There are a lot of panels for FSX on AVSIM, and even more on Simviation.com.

While on AVSIM, look for Brian Selb. He's done a lot of FSX conversions, and many of the models are ones we use.

Hope that helps!

Rob D.

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - Rick Abshier - 08-14-2008

Right, the panel is the issue and it takes some searching to come up with good FSX panels.

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - Rob D - 08-14-2008

Just flew the Dash 8-400 in FSX last night. Very nice, very stable. There is a good panel on Simviation.com as well. Once you know all the little clickspots, too, it becomes quite the joy to fly.

More as I fly them... ;)

RE: TCA Conversions for FSX? - nukefixer - 02-17-2009

I just the other day re-installed FS2004 (9.1) and removed FSX.
With MS not going to do anything further with FS, now that I have a great computer to run FSX, well it runs FS2004 even better, so now I will certainly stick with FS2004 the time to come.

Gary