Tradewind Forums
MP Leg 043 PPIZ-PAKP - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Screenshots (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MP Leg 043 PPIZ-PAKP (/showthread.php?tid=387)

MP Leg 043 PPIZ-PAKP - CBreuer - 02-19-2011

Hello fellow pilots.

This MP Session wasn't as 'boring' as the ones before, maybe it was related to a faster speed though.
The other thing was that I started the flight in twilight condition, which made it sometimes difficult to find the runways. And clouds reaching down to the ground didn't help at all.Cray

Nevertheless I will start with a map of the flight, which leads us from Point Lay (PPIZ) to Anaktuvuk Pass (PAKP).

I had problems to find the first airfield for the touch and go as it was a gravel strip and had no lighted runway. I made a touch and go, but I think I was a little bit left of the runway. I am even not sure whether my right hand gear was still on the runway at allAshamed
During a second approach I wasn't able to locate the runway anyway. So i gave up and headed to Wainwright (PAWI).
Wainwright has a nice lighted gravel runway as you can see here:

I was playing around with Dave a little bit. Biggrin

I had performed my touch and go at Atqasuk (PATQ) during some snowfall.

Next was a nice approach at Barrow (PABR). I had to opt for RWY 24 due to the winds.

Next touch and go was at Lonely AS (AK71) and Pär was also around here. He approached from the opposite direction.

Next we were going for Umiat (PAUM) - normally. I went there and I was the only one by this time. Dave had dropped out, Vic had dropped out a little bit later and Pär's FSX decided to fall back into bad habit and crashed again. Rofl
So I had to perform the touch and go alone at Umiat.

Then I headed for the final destination Anatuvuk Pass. Pär had restarted his FSX and was waiting there for me.

Maybe we will be more next time when we probably return a little bit more to civilization.

Take care.

RE: MP Leg 043 PPIZ-PAKP - BigSwede - 02-20-2011

Hi again,

Well for some reason Christian have start using yesterdays weather but I use Swedish time and todays weather so I have no problem to find the RWY's and airports. I think (LOL) Thats way we use differance RWS depens of the wind and it make some T/G very dangouers (LOL)
As we use to say between us MP pilots, LOOK OUT FOR THE REDBARON.

Ok, Here I'm at Point Lay ready to start the flight, Vic are beside me and Christian and Dave are at the RWY.

First T/G at 2AK8 - Ice cape, as you see I had to clear the RWY because Red Baron were around.

Same here at PAWI - Wainwright

PABR - Wiley Rogers Meml.

4AK1 - Inigok (Deadhouse), no AP in FS9 according to Christian.

Final Stop at PAKA - Anaktuvuk waiting for Christians arravial, Dave and Vic were allready gone. Check the first pic. of my FSX Scenery then compair it with Christians last pic. for FS9 Scenery. I think we both use defaul scenery. Good way to see the differance as the pic are close to the same view.

See u next week
Pär

RE: MP Leg 043 PPIZ-PAKP - TCA2050 - 02-20-2011

Very nice pictures guys !