Tradewind Forums
Been a while - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tradewind Scuttlebutt (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Been a while (/showthread.php?tid=511)

Been a while - TCA2731 - 02-17-2012

Well fellows, it's been a while since I've been on the forums so I am trying to get caught up.

Several months ago my FS computer let out all its smoke. Seven of ten capacitors on the MOBO failed.

I intended to build a new system right away but I heard the new Ivy Bridge chips and boards would be released soon so I waited. Now it seems it will be April before the release so I will continue to wait. I could go ahead and build an I7-2700 system, but since I'm this close to release, I'm just going to go with the new technology.

Good to see the regulars are still here. I'll be checking in from time to time on the laptop, but no flying. Oh well. Guess that's the way it goes.

Later - Rick

RE: Been a while - CBreuer - 02-17-2012

Hey Rick,

Good to see you back on the forums.
Well, a smoking MOBO is not good at all. I think the one or other day I will get me a new system as well, but not sure right now. Mainly it is all about costs. Biggrin

Hopefully we will have you back into the air soon. Good luck!Thumbup

RE: Been a while - TCA2731 - 02-23-2012

Thanks Christian. It's been tough. One thing I look forward to is being able to fly my routes and some extras every month. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be back in the air even better than before. If I can build the system I want, I should even be able to join in on some of the group flights with you fellows. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Christian. It's been tough. One thing I look forward to is being able to fly my routes and some extras every month. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be back in the air even better than before. If I can build the system I want, I should even be able to join in on some of the group flights with you fellows. Looking forward to it.

Wow. How did that message double post? Oh well. guess that's how it goes. Ha Ha. Keep flying guys.

Wow. How did that message double post? Oh well. guess that's how it goes. Ha Ha. Keep flying guys.

RE: Been a while - JC Martin - 02-26-2012

(02-23-2012, 07:50 PM)TCA2731 Wrote: Thanks Christian. It's been tough. One thing I look forward to is being able to fly my routes and some extras every month. I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms. Hopefully in a couple of months I'll be back in the air even better than before. If I can build the system I want, I should even be able to join in on some of the group flights with you fellows. Looking forward to it.

Rick,
Good to see your post here!! It has been a while, but we just can't get TCA out of our blood, not that we want to even try!!!

Sorry to hear about the PC problem, hope the rebuild goes quickly and smoothly. Until we see you in the skies again, it'll be great to see your posts here.

JC
9350Beach

Been a while - TCA2050 - 02-28-2012

Looking forward to meet you on Some of our flights Rick!

RE: Been a while - TCA2731 - 03-11-2012

I just saw on Newegg today that the I7-3930 and 3960 have been released. Whoopee!!! Hopefully as soon as I can get finished with my taxes, I can get started on the build. They are offering a sweet package for a little over 1300 bucks that's a real possibility. It should run FSX like it should be run. We'll see.

I just saw on Newegg today that the I7-3930 and 3960 have been released. Whoopee!!! Hopefully as soon as I can get finished with my taxes, I can get started on the build. They are offering a sweet package for a little over 1300 bucks that's a real possibility. It should run FSX like it should be run. We'll see.