Tradewind Forums
Hey Folks - Printable Version

+- Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Tradewind Forums (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: The High 'N Dry Bar (https://www.tradewind.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Hey Folks (/showthread.php?tid=543)

Hey Folks - TCA2669 - 05-02-2012

G'day fellow TCA pilots:

Mike Redman here....TCA-2669 back from a very long absence.

After spending most of my online sim time racing with Gridmotorsports, I've dusted off the old flight gear and did a mail run on Sunday. Boy was I behind the power curve!

Things have changed some here, so it's going to be fun exploring and finding out what's changed in the flight sim world.

I've currently got FS9, on a pretty quick machine with three LCD monitors, and running a HOTAS Cougar setup, and will be searching on tips & tricks on how best to configure my hardware for the most fulfilling experience. BUT, I know I'll need to search for myself first before asking questions....."teach a guy to fish...." and all that.

I expect my participation to be very basic, as I still have interest in racing with Grid, and we'll see how it goes - maybe I combine the two.

So, that's all for now - I'll do some exploring, and cheers to you all, it's nice to be back. And thanks to Christian Breuer for getting me signed up so quickly on to the forums.

Cheers,

Mike Redman
TCA-2669

RE: Hey Folks - CBreuer - 05-02-2012

Hi Mike,

Welcome back to TCA and flightsimming. Using FS9 is not the worst thing at all. I am still using it myself. And to be honest, now since there are so many sceneries available on the market regarding the Caribbean, it is real fun flying in the Caribbean again. Especially now that I finally bought the iFly B737 NG, it is really fun again.

I can't give you any advice on how to set up your Cougar, but I can advice you in looking into TrackIR. Especially if you desire to fly in Virtual Cockpits during your flights.

I am not confident with Gridmotorsports, but if you want to combine flying and racing, why don't you try out the F1 racing charters? Maybe you like them...Yes

Anyhow enjoy your flights at TCA.

RE: Hey Folks - Gatwicksteve - 05-03-2012

Hi Mike,

sounds like you have a great setup, remember the only strict rule in flight simming is:

HAVE FUN!!Yahoo

Enjoy

Steve

Av-31

RE: Hey Folks - TCA2669 - 05-03-2012

Yeah, the TrackIR thing looks very intriguing! As I wear a headset to communicate through Mumble for racing, I'm guessing the TrackClip Pro would be suggested as well, eh?

Mike

(05-02-2012, 05:16 PM)CBreuer Wrote: I can't give you any advice on how to set up your Cougar, but I can advice you in looking into TrackIR. Especially if you desire to fly in Virtual Cockpits during your flights.

RE: Hey Folks - CBreuer - 05-03-2012

(05-03-2012, 05:33 PM)TCA2669 Wrote: Yeah, the TrackIR thing looks very intriguing! As I wear a headset to communicate through Mumble for racing, I'm guessing the TrackClip Pro would be suggested as well, eh?

Mike

(05-02-2012, 05:16 PM)CBreuer Wrote: I can't give you any advice on how to set up your Cougar, but I can advice you in looking into TrackIR. Especially if you desire to fly in Virtual Cockpits during your flights.

Mike, yes. The clip is almost a must have, or do you want to wear a base cap all the time? I didn't order the clip right away, but I did as I tried using TrackIR with the base cap. It was simply annoying for me.

RE: Hey Folks - TCA2669 - 05-03-2012

Done - TrackIR5 & TrackClip Pro ordered! I'll let you know when it arrives.

Mike

(05-03-2012, 06:24 PM)CBreuer Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 05:33 PM)TCA2669 Wrote: Yeah, the TrackIR thing looks very intriguing! As I wear a headset to communicate through Mumble for racing, I'm guessing the TrackClip Pro would be suggested as well, eh?

Mike

Mike, yes. The clip is almost a must have, or do you want to wear a base cap all the time? I didn't order the clip right away, but I did as I tried using TrackIR with the base cap. It was simply annoying for me.