Tradewind Forums

Full Version: A question about AFG B300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know I should post this question on the AFG page. I did, a couple of months ago, but no replies.

I am flying the AFGB300 in FS9 with Windows XP. I love this AC, especially when flown as intended in VC.

But I do have one question..... when flown during the day with no sunlit panel I can't see the instrumentation. The panel lights work fine at night, but not during the day.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have a suggested solution?

JC
TCA9350Beach
Hi JC.

I can't follow your question directly, but I took two screenshots.

Daylight:
[attachment=3903]

Night:
[attachment=3904]

As you can see everything looks good so far.

Maybe you can post a screenshot of your problem and we maybe could shed some light into it.YesRofl
I agree with Christian, I've flown this aircraft quite a few times during day or night and I never had any problems.
Come to think of it I've flow it during MPsessions way back..
Christian and Stefaan,
Thanks for your quick replies. It's not that I have a problem, it's that if it's not nighttime, and the instrument lights and floodlights illuminate the instrumentation, some of the instruments are difficult to see because they are dark. My panel, without the night lights on, is not as light as the screenshot that you attached. Is there a way to turn on the lights during the daylight? I've tried, but it makes no difference. Or is there a way to "lighten" the panel so that it's easier to see?
It's not a big problem, more of an annoyance. I switch from VC to cockpit view when I need to see better and it's fine in that view. Then back to VC for the flight.
JC
9350Beach
(06-21-2011, 05:23 PM)JC Martin Wrote: [ -> ]Christian and Stefaan,
Thanks for your quick replies. It's not that I have a problem, it's that if it's not nighttime, and the instrument lights and floodlights illuminate the instrumentation, some of the instruments are difficult to see because they are dark. My panel, without the night lights on, is not as light as the screenshot that you attached. Is there a way to turn on the lights during the daylight? I've tried, but it makes no difference. Or is there a way to "lighten" the panel so that it's easier to see?
It's not a big problem, more of an annoyance. I switch from VC to cockpit view when I need to see better and it's fine in that view. Then back to VC for the flight.
JC
9350Beach

Hi JC.

As I already mentioned a screenshot would be the best for us to get hold on your 'problem'. But I think you know of the command for switching on the panel lights by default (Shift + L)? That is all I can say at the moment.

Good luck.Biggrin
Christian,
You know, I was so focused on the VC panel and trying to make the lights work there that I never gave a thought to the keyboard command SHIFT L. Thanks for the reminder, I am redfaced, but appreciative.

JC
TCA9350Ashamed
(06-22-2011, 06:54 PM)JC Martin Wrote: [ -> ]Christian,
You know, I was so focused on the VC panel and trying to make the lights work there that I never gave a thought to the keyboard command SHIFT L. Thanks for the reminder, I am redfaced, but appreciative.

JC
TCA9350Ashamed

Hi JC, I never mind. RoflRoflRoflFriendsDrinks
Good you found the solution. But on the other hand we also have a very nice smiley for this: Rtfm
Take care and enjoy the B300 it surely is a beautiful aircraft. But if I fly a King Air I use the B200 from Aeroworx.
Christian,
It took me a few minutes to post my reply because I was still laughing at myself!Roflblack1 It sounded like an entry for "you know that you are addicted to Flightsim because".... Thanks for the replies and the help.

JCBeach
Quote:But if I fly a King Air I use the B200 from Aeroworx.

Just FYI if you have FSX and the Aeroworx B200 this might help:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLI...ID=fsxacrp

Jack,

some of us have the B200 from Aeroworx for FS9, but have already moved on to FSX leaving the good B200 behind. This really might be very helpful for them.
Thanks for the information. GoodGood